Oh No, I went birding

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cold, windy overcast day for a drive. I plan to revisit this area on a better light day/evening. Lots of birds! No herons this time.

1. American Coot - lots of them!
040123_027wSM.jpg

040123_029wSM.jpg

040123_044wSM.jpg

040123_045wSM.jpg

5. Northern Shoveler
040123_050wSM.jpg

Nice set.

I've been looking at lenses and teleconverters :lol:
🤣🤣🤣 I’ve been eyeing the 1.4tc. There’s a few used ones available online.

🤣🤣🤣 I’ve been eyeing the 1.4tc. There’s a few used ones available online.
I looked at the 1.4 too. You need to move to Illinois so we can borrow each others' lenses.

I looked at the 1.4 too. You need to move to Illinois so we can borrow each others' lenses.
I was thinking the same thing! Wish you lived closer. Have you grabbed the 70-300 yet?

And so it begins…
You have taken the first step and embarked upon the quest for the perfect bird photograph.......your life will never be the same again, you will see every bird, little or large as a potential subject and a personal challenge to your skill. Welcome to the club.
A Kooka.JPG

You will collect a massive folder of burry undergrowth where a bird used to be, dot com heaven will rapidly fill with your discarded efforts, you will experience the highs and the lows, you will venture forth in inclement weather to capture an image of a common, garden variety feathered friend. You will download thousands of images and spend time judging your own performance and discarding those that dont meet you high standards and expectations. There is no cure, you will become obsessed.
A top knot pigeon.JPG

Once you have the bug there is no going back.

I was thinking the same thing! Wish you lived closer. Have you grabbed the 70-300 yet?
No. I did look at that lens. It has a variable aperture. The teleconverter 1.4 you will lose one stop. I like the 50-140 with the f2.8. It zooms inside itself, which the lens is heavy.

You have taken the first step and embarked upon the quest for the perfect bird photograph.......your life will never be the same again, you will see every bird, little or large as a potential subject and a personal challenge to your skill. Welcome to the club. View attachment 265044

You will collect a massive folder of burry undergrowth where a bird used to be, dot com heaven will rapidly fill with your discarded efforts, you will experience the highs and the lows, you will venture forth in inclement weather to capture an image of a common, garden variety feathered friend. You will download thousands of images and spend time judging your own performance and discarding those that dont meet you high standards and expectations. There is no cure, you will become obsessed.
View attachment 265051

Once you have the bug there is no going back.
Good thoughts or should say warning! I didn't know if I should give your post the trophy icon of the laughing icon. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back