I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some of the better shots from a wedding I shot a few weeks ago. I was not the "hired" photographer but was asked to do what I could.

RN-002001.jpg

RN-001001.jpg

RN-004001.jpg

RN-003001.jpg

RN-005001.jpg

RN-006001.jpg

Want to see more....well here they are anyway.

RN-010001.jpg

RN-019001.jpg

RN-018001.jpg

RN-017001.jpg

RN-011001.jpg

You still here?...OK, here are some more.

RN-007001.jpg

RN-008001.jpg

RN-009001.jpg

RN-021001.jpg

RN-012001.jpg

RN-014001.jpg

Just a few more... I promise.

RN-016001.jpg

RN-015001.jpg

RN-020001.jpg

RN-020a001.jpg

Someone else must have taken this one because that's me on the right.
RN-013001.jpg

Crisp work. :thumbsup:

What kind of fill in light did you use?

danalec99 said:
Crisp work. :thumbsup:

What kind of fill in light did you use?

Thanks.

For most of the shots, I had a hot shoe flash on my camera. I bounced it off the ceiling when I could. I turned it down a bit (higher ISO setting) to avoid overpowering the photos but there are still lots of hot spots (as you can see). I'd love to find a snap on diffuser for my flash but I'll think I'll just make one (tape & tissue paper) for next time.

Ok, that second one with the little girl is absolutely precious!!! And the one where the bride is chugging the pepto made me laugh out loud!!

The little girl, 2nd one in the 1st series - WOW. What amazing eyes she has. You've captured some great moments here, I am sure the newlyweds will love these!

Thanks. I'm quite proud of that one in particular.

The weather was cold & rainy that day and it was getting quite uncomfortable for the wedding party...especially the little girl. It felt like the pro photog was taking forever but he was doing a good job. I ran back to my vehicle to get my jacket for her to wear. She still looked cold & gloomy but when she was resting her head on the flowers...I knew that was going to be a great shot.

:sigh: I wish it would get cold here. I'm tired of being constantly sweaty. :?

Oh yeah, great shots! ;-)

(Seriously, that's some good work. The little girl with the flowers and the bride doing the pepto are the best, IMO.)

Hey nice shots you have here Mike. Sometimes you can get better pictures at these events if you are not the professional photographer. People just seem more relaxed when they are getting their pictures taken from someone they know. Anyway that Pepto one is a classic...isn't it the standard medicine for weddings. :D

Wow where to start?

The little girl may grow up to be a model, she is so natural in front of the lens, or you caught her at the right moments. And ditto for the bride, the portrait is definatly one to be framed.

I get a real kick out of the little boy and girl at the reception. Looks like he is about to sweep her of her feet and he will enjoy every minute of it.

Hummm maybe they should have hired you.

The one with the Pepto is the funniest thing. I almost lost some Mountain Dew through my nose.

They are all good shots.

Most reactions

Back