What's new

Oh RAW, how I loathe thee.

If you really like to edit your photos as you said, I would take the time to learn/figure out RAW for sure.

As soon as I got it, I've never turned back. It gives a thousand more times control over your image than a 'fine' jpeg.

Good luck!
 
Sw1tch FX is exaclt right. Raw is INCREDIBLY easy. I found it easier to NOT view them as images but instead files with a separate set of development controls on them. basically the digital information which comes off your sensor before you camera gets hold of it (it isnt that but thats the way to think about it)

This article should help explain things. It isnt massively detailed or anyhthing but may help as an explanation.

Introduction to RAW files and RAW workflow - Park Cameras Online

I can promise you once you start shooting with RAW you will NEVER look back. You may even set your camera to shoot RAW only.
 
I am converting to dng because I am only using lightroom 1.1. I have a feeling that that is what the problem is. I will be upgrading soon to LR2, maybe that will allow me to skip that step and import raw directly.
 
The Lightroom III beta is still FREE 'till the end of June! You can DL that from Adobe and by June 30 you'll be sufficiently addicted to it that you'll have to upgrade! LRIII Beta rocks. It even directly handles my super-rare Pentax PEF RAW files with ease, so I'm sure you'd have zero probs. Try it... :sexywink:
 
yeah just use the LR3 beta and when it comes out, update to that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom