LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please forgive the scan quality!
I came past this paddock on Monday afternoon and saw the three mothers and their young, two far away, one fairly near (you shall see), the little chap nuzzling and nibbling my hand with his toothless little mouth - would you estimate him as older as just one day? I didn't by the wobbly way in which he was on his legs. Go and take a look. Be warned, these are 10 photos all in all:

PferdFohlen1.jpg

These two were the ones nearer to the fence.

PferdFohlen2.jpg

Far away, 300mm full zoom, cropped
PferdFohlen3.jpg

These, too. Again 300mm full zoom, cropped
PferdFohlen4.jpg

Already beginning to be fast friends (300mm, cropped)

PferdFohlen5.jpg

Then, however, I concentrated on this little fellow who was fairly near to the fence
PferdFohlen6.jpg

The way he lay there curled up in almost still fetus position showed me how he must have fit into his mom only a very short time before.
PferdFohlen7.jpg

PferdFohlen8.jpg

This is even AFTER he had a suckle (and this first showed me that he is a he, after all ;), but he put himself BEHIND mommy for the suckle, so no good photos then)

PferdFohlen9.jpg

PferdFohlen10.jpg

And here he's wobbling near to where I was, meaning to get to know me, and I was quite touched he wasn't afraid. From then on I could no longer take his photo, I was too busy getting my hand licked.....

They are amazing little creatures, aren't they?? On their feet and wobbling about the planet so soon after foaling. I miss having horses. :heart:

Nice work, LaFoto! Thanks for sharing these. :D

Ha, you found an animal that didnt run from you. :)

Great series, I was never a big horse fan, but I love you photos of "mother and child". The first two capture this beautifully.

poor little horsey!!! it is soooo small!!!! and all his ribs are visible!!!

Nice series LaFoto :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back