Oh the Horrors

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is what happens when you use custom white balance, decide you want flash, take a picture, and discover that the white balance changes. I decided to keep shooting, just to experiment. Hope you enjoy, but critiquing is also much appreciated :)

1. The inspiration for the title. How "shocking"
94398271_f503c33cab.jpg

2. Squared
94398298_f8a6d42b10.jpg

3. -
94398287_a96b8dff22.jpg

4. My personal favourite shot. I was tempted to put it in for the February Photo Challenge, but decided it has to go with this set, and since I took it before the Challenge was posted, I needed to actually challenge myself and find something unique :)
94398251_759b97befa.jpg

5. And here is number one's friend, I believe they look good together *rolls eyes*
94398230_36c4e47f54.jpg

Haha, that first one's cute! Nice shots Brit, I like the uniformity of them. =) Although I must admit, something seems a wee bit off with 5...like it's barely skewed or something.

Cool none-the-less, though. =)

lol, I laughed when I saw the first shot, I look at that everyday and I've never realized it looks like a face, I like how the two "outlet faces" (new term) look like they are facing opposite directions, if you put them side by side it would look like they are looking at each other ... its late... I need to go to bed. Oh ya, my fav is #3.

-Joe

Thanks Jon and Joe.
Now I just need to muster up some courage and go downtown and take some real shots as opposed to wandering around my house. :lol:

nonetheless, 5 really interesting shots! The comb ( i think that's what it is) is also my favourite. good abstract for sure.

the outlet faces look horrified as you said. AHH! Things being stuck in my face! :lol:

Matty-Bass said:
nonetheless, 5 really interesting shots! The comb ( i think that's what it is) is also my favourite. good abstract for sure.

the outlet faces look horrified as you said. AHH! Things being stuck in my face! :lol:

I think it's a vent actually.

Nice shots. I was just thinking about what I could take pics off around my apartment. Looks like I'll have to look a little harder.

Bace is right, it is a vent. As I was already at the same level due to the plug-ins, I saw no harm in turning a few degrees to shoot the vent, (Which saved me from having to clean my lens, nothing like cleaning those little dust partiles off with energy you are already paying for). But I do see the comb. Perhaps next time I can't find mine, I will just tear apart the floor vent ;)

Cool abstracts, Brit!! You remind me of.....me. I'm depressed and loathing the cold gray winter and taking pictures of whatever I can find in my house. :lol:

Erm....time to go set up the equipment for more droplet shots I guess....:confused: *sigh*

These are really cool though, and I actually do like the blue. Sometimes I like to call mistakes, "happy mistakes." :) I feel your pain, it needs to get warm enough to not make your hands ache when you go out...then we'll go out and snap some, won't we. :)

Thanks Annika and Raymond :)

I dont' have an excuse for not heading outside other than it is dark 2/3rds of the day and the colours are so drab, and I am not creative enough to find anything amazingly interesting. We have had wonderfully warm winter weather (oh... Ws), so unfortunately I don't have the biggest excuse. Ah well, had to get the typical house shots out of the way :)

Thanks once again everyone.

Wow...giving me some ideas here! I need to get my creative juices flowing....and soon.
I am astounded at some of the simple shots I see!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back