Oh to be rich.

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
I have just spent the last little while looking at all the new digital cameras out there (mostly Canon and Nikon stuff) and I was practically drooling. Oh it would be so nice to have a little bit of money to spend on a real good camera.

I am stuck way back in the 1970's as far as my equipment is concerned. I have an old Canon AE-1 and I have been doing all my own developing (black and white) and when i see all these awsome color pictures, and the quality of them to, I just wish i had a bit more money. But i would be willing to wager that most of us feel the same way.

That's part of being in a hobby like this....drooling over the newest gear...and talking about it on the internet ;)

I actually wish I had an old AE-1. Canon FD lenses are cheap and plentyful...especially around here. There was a photo fair/swap meet here in Edmonton last weekend. I could count on one hand, the amount of lenses available for Canon EOS autofocus cameras...but there was plenty of FD glass...at a great price.

You can always scan your film, and enjoy the digital world that way. I did it for years before I got my first digital camera.

Big Mike: what you say about FD lenses being plentiful is true, I'm iin calgary and every used camera store here has at least 5 FD lenses (some more reasonable than others) and so do alot of higher end pawn shops. So i guess that is a good thing about the older stuff, easier to accessorize.

I am looking at a film scanner, they are a little pricie to though. Oh the life of a hobbiest hey.

Most reactions

Back