Oh What a beautiful cold winter day... but i'm not complaining..

Nice! You did have a good day. I like the background snowfall. It really adds to the image for me. #1 for me. Is that a snowflake on his beak?

Nice! You did have a good day. I like the background snowfall. It really adds to the image for me. #1 for me. Is that a snowflake on his beak?
thanks yes it is.. it was snowing big flakes..

Well done!

First and last in set for me.

I'm assuming you shot these in manual, they're great shots! I like #3 the best also and i'd say you were lucky it was snowing, it's a plus!

I'm assuming you shot these in manual, they're great shots! I like #3 the best also and i'd say you were lucky it was snowing, it's a plus!
Thanks Kirk

woody is back.. awesome bird for practice
woody 038-002.JPG
woody 039-001.JPG

I think I like #2 of the original group best. You're spending time very well!
thank you.. just trying to practice them in flight or at least with wings out..

You have the birds well trained! they're practically posing for you. Nice photos you're getting.

I'm not much of a wildlife photographer. Had robins in a nest on the downspout, took pictures of the mama feeding the babies; they were getting bigger and one of them just fell out of the nest! I still got the picture even though inside I was going - oh! it just fell out!! lol Then it walked around looking all soft and fuzzy and later I got pictures of the mama bird following it and feeding it a worm, etc. They can be fun to watch.

Usually I have no luck, I think the birds etc. just sit out there and laugh. As soon as one of our white squirrels shows up all I have to do is think I'll get the camera and it ducks into the bushes. I have gotten some bunny shots, as long as I'm quiet enough.

Thank you Sharon.. by the way my name is Elizabeth.. I do not know how to put this on the post and have it stay there for each post..i use birdseed and suet and they come swooping down on and off through the day.. I have a dog that watches for the birds while I get my coat..lol.. this past hour he was watching this squirrel.this guy was kind of cute.. looking discreet as he munched on berries
now 023.JPG
. you mention white squirrels.. how awesome.. never saw one..

Another nice photo! I like the touch of color with the berries.

I don't remember ever having seen white squirrels til the past several years; apparently they've been in the region for some time, just not around here til more recently. I still do a double take when I see one; last time was at the post office and there I sat, with no camera, as it perched on a railing twitching its tail because of a dog, then went up a tree, onto a roof, and over the house...

As far as adding your name, on your profile page you should be able to add it there so it will show up on the left side or bottom of your posts. I joined and did mine so long ago, I forget how... one of the other regulars or mods on here could tell you.

Most reactions

Back