What's new

Oil and Water: Blue Moon

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The winter is weighing heavy like the oil that sits atop the water.


Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look.

Blue Moon


 
I'm really missing something or just plain stupid. How are you getting that wavy look?
Whats with the brown part? Cloth under the water?
The combination of these two colors doesn't work for me, the brown alone might be OK.
Is it possible that the blue is the lone oil drop and the brown a cloth.
 
Haha, no Rick you aren't missing anything but I might be lol
You are thinking too small, zoom out!
Thanks for your thoughts, I'm thinking this isn't as successful to others as it is to me ;)
 
I'm really missing something or just plain stupid. How are you getting that wavy look?
Whats with the brown part? Cloth under the water?
The combination of these two colors doesn't work for me, the brown alone might be OK.
Is it possible that the blue is the lone oil drop and the brown a cloth.

I don't think the brown (??--looks more dark purple to me than brown...) OR the blue is an oil spot.

Judy: I looked at this yesterday, but decided to come back to it later, then forgot. You're right, for some reason, it's just not really doing much for me. I *think* that, for me, my eye is drawn right to the blue spot and nothing else, and the blue spot is just...well, just a blue spot. There's just not enough reflection and "intermingling" of colors happening within the oil drops to intrigue me here.

Others may very well love it though. That's just my 1.75 cents' worth. :D
 
You are correct Sharon, neither are oil ;) Thanks for your thoughts, I think it is the colours that twirl my beanie, I love that blue but you are probably right, I need to catch some kind of detail in the blue to give it more interest and perhaps a texture. I'll have to give this idea another go and see what I can come up with :)
 
Actually, fits me mood like a glove. I see the bare trees in the back image and wish for spring to come. Then I look at the calendar, and sigh. Gonna have to look at the family tree and see if I have any rich relatives that live in warm places and need company.
 
The image actually looks like a shot of the moon, through a rain-dappled window, with a little PP to throw the colour off. Because, I can see the tree branches in front of the white orb, and the branches are behind the patterned foreground. What kind of throws that idea a curve though, is that I don't see any water tracks running down, and the foreground surface appears curved. Where you shooting the moon through your greenhouse canopy?
 
Now I see the tree but am still puzzled
 
lol thanks Paul and Rick :)
Ok I'll give, it's a large metal bowl and the blue is the bottom (blue food dye in the water), the dark is the reflection of the fig trees/windows in the room I was shooting in on the top of the water, it's zoomed out and not a typical oil and water shot ;)
 
Oh thats clever. Good work. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom