Oil Creek PA

Wally

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Was able to get away for a few hours on Sunday before it got dark, and went to Oil Creek State Park near Titusville PA. This is where I am hosting the next NW PA photogs meetup. I only had around an hour and a half but I think I got a few halfway decent shots.

oc10.jpg

this is a shot of Oil Creek itself. As you can see it lies in a deep gorge that was heavily glaciated during the last ice age.

oc8.jpg

Some winter macro work. I am not really sure what these are but they are quite common around here.

oc5.jpg

This is the old Cemetery from the town of Petroleum Center. Petroleum Center was a booming oil town right after the Civil War in the late 1860's and 1870's, but by 1900 it was pretty much a ghost town.

oc6.jpg

This is the head stone of Micheal Griffith. He was 8 years old when he died in 1876. Since my son is now 8 years old this stone has special meaning for me. I always stop by it every time I go there (which is often)

oc1.jpg

as you can see the park does a very good job clearing the roads:lmao: Actually this is a dirt road that goes to an active natural gas well and is not used by the public.

I have many more pictures to share, but I want to keep it limited right now for the 56kers out there.

Hope to see you in Jan!

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
did ya have to post a tombstone with "micheal" on it? :p

love these compositions and toning!

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i love the second and the last! nice work... :thumbup: