Oil Rig.

The shapes of these crops seem at odds with the composition.
I would think about using the aspect ratio to reinforce the lines in the picture - simple and powerful.

$6847826732_b4615dcbbd_zllllllll.jpg

The shapes of these crops seem at odds with the composition.

How? Would you care to explain?

Yes please explain.

I have been looking at a lot of minimal B&W images with square crops and I was trying to imitate that style.

It wasn't just floating by, apparently it was being towed to somewhere by the tug boat next to it. I didn't realise that they could float, I thought they just built them where they wanted them but apparently not!

i like #1 ..they are all good but i think #1 is very good

It wasn't just floating by, apparently it was being towed to somewhere by the tug boat next to it. I didn't realise that they could float, I thought they just built them where they wanted them but apparently not!
They are built on solid ground, or at least in some sort of dry dock etc. Building them at sea would be ridiculously expensive and dangerous. They do, of course, have to be assembled, some of which has to be done 'on location'. Depending on many factors, water depth being a big one...some are on fixed platforms, some are on floating platforms that can be sunk/anchored once they reach their destination, some just float.

the ships to the right of the rig is kinda killing the moment for me. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back