What's new

ok flower people

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
12,262
Reaction score
327
i always run into these things and never know what they are. anyone a clue?

35026663-L-1.jpg
 
hmmm.....some sort of chrysanthemum, maybe? I'm not much of a flower person, I'm afraid. ;)

Pretty shot, though! :thumbup:
 
terri said:
hmmm.....some sort of chrysanthemum, maybe? I'm not much of a flower person, I'm afraid. ;)

Pretty shot, though! :thumbup:

That would have been my guess as well.

But the size of the leaves are strange. Maybe some type of clover?
 
LittleMan said:
how big is it?

i shot it from about 15 feet. my best guess would be about 6 - 8 inches in diameter.

thanks Terri
 
Sweet shot Jon.... i would say a variety of chrysanthemum too
 
my guess is that it is a flower. I bet I'm right!
i have just exhausted all of my flower knowledge for you Jon., hope it helps!

nice shot.
 
Dahlia is my immediate thought (concurring with Gravespinner's wife) ... but I would need to go to Google Pictures, give in "Dahlia" and see what photos they come up with.




....which I now did, so I can edit my post just a bit and say there is a site by www.dahlia.org (The American Dahlia Society) and among many others, there also is this photo on that site


photo by Alan Fisher

...which suggests that your flower may, indeed, be a Dahlia.
 
Raymond J Barlow said:
my guess is that it is a flower. I bet I'm right!
i have just exhausted all of my flower knowledge for you Jon., hope it helps!

nice shot.


BRILLIANT! Thats about as much as I know too.
 
ha! your gonna love this...i have been a florist for years....and i will be as much help as a headache on this one...but if i were a betting person, my thought would be 'mum...(not the chick that gave birth to ya...silly..)
but mums are having a field day (oops, pun..sorry..) this time of year, and most dahlia's seem to be big around late spring and mid summer....

but like i said, no help here if your betting the farm...tell ya what... pick it..and take it to a florist around there, and say, " what the heck is this sucker..."

ok..maybe you should word it your way.....might sound more d.c. ... you go in talking like me, they may think you was smoking the rest of the plant..!!

oh, almost forgot.... good shot, jonmikal!!
 
I have no idea what the flower is, but the shot is killer. Nice one Jon.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom