ok im mad

dalewood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so today I kindly gave up my day off to go to a k-state wildcats game in UNIFORM. SO I figured it would be a great time to work on my photography right. While I'm sitting there minding my own business I'm told I can't use my tripod or mt 55MM-200MM because it is considred to be professional. Wtff

I went to a Yankee game last night. There are restrictions on types of lenses and tripods/monopods as well.

I used my 7D/135L (216mm reach ;)) to get as much reach with a lens they had not problem with me taking into the game. And, yes they do open the photo bag and check the camera and each lens.

Remember security offcials at the game won't know the ins and outs of what is and isn't pro end gear - they will often just work on size (some games have size limits othertimes its up to the officials judgement). The reasons for this are several fold:

1) Professionals pay (or their group they work for pay) for front row seats to cover the match - by preventing pros entering the regular stands for less they defend this income and also the income of the pros working covering the match

2) Having monopods; bigger lenses; tripods etc... in the stands can and will cause accidents and injuries so its a safety measure as well.

In short most times you will find limits when you get there - which is why compact point and shoots or bridge camera bodies are often preferable. Should you be in any doubt you should be able to phone ahead and get confirmation of any restrictions on photographic gear they have.

See now they didn't check mine they saw me snaping pics and are like wats the zoom on that lens I told them and they siad I couldn't use it so I prentented to switch to my smaller one they haven't bothred me sence

Tagging on to Overread's comment about crowd safety..

...forget the crowd safety...lens safety :mrgreen:. The Yankee game was packed, people everywhere. When I did walk around with my lens, there were times I had to hug the camera to my chest to keep people from bumping into it.

One funny note. Some people saw my camera/lens and would just stop and pose for me...pretty funny.:mrgreen:

Concerts and music events can be even more strict with photography - often because the working pros only get to shoot the first three songs - and then that's it no more shooting. That way the performers also get to perform without having the added pressure of the cameras pointed at them.

Concerts and music events can be even more strict with photography - often because the working pros only get to shoot the first three songs - and then that's it no more shooting. That way the performers also get to perform without having the added pressure of the cameras pointed at them.

Like I said in the thread; The signs need to say "No Recording Equipment" as opposed to what they did say "No Professional or Interchangeable Lens Cameras."

That's saying one thing and doing another...at least IMO which doesn't mean very much anyway...

here are a few pics i took
DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0796.jpg

I had some lens envey
DSC_0792.jpg

and girls got skills
DSC_0787.jpg

It seems the Canon 70-300 DO lens would be good in that aspect...

That is unless they knew to look for the green ring.

I hear it is pretty poor optically though.

Edit: Its also as slow as a fat kid after thanksgiving dinner...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back