Ok, lets get to know everyone.

FrimpyEIBW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
elegantimagessite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a member of only 2 forums other than this one. I've been with these two for several years, and I have a general feeling of the personalities of the members there. But, those boards don't have near the traffic that this board has, so it was easier to get a feel of who everyone is.

So, I'm going to post a few facts about me that I didn't mention in my introduction thread...

1, I am a diehard Miami Dolphins fan. My avatar kind of gives that away, but in naval terms, an upside down flag means "ship in distress"

I think 0-12 counts as ship in distress. :lol:

2, I love the Rocky movies...except for Rocky 5. But, I really think that the latest film 'Rocky Balboa' is the best of all of them.

3, I am a Trekkie, and Star Wars geek...but much more good looking than the common stereotype of fans of those shows/movies. And, I don't own any memorabilia from either.

Ok, lets get this going. Post some things about you, and I'll be happy to answer questions about me.

I've not watched any TV in almost 2 years
I've never had a nickname
Twin Town is one of my all time favourite films
I hate football
If I ever meet the actor Steve Martin I will punch him for Bilko
I can't swim unless you count drowning as swimming
If I was to win the lottery I would give the ticket away
Despite my love of animals I have no pets

But, I really think that the latest film 'Rocky Balboa' is the best of all of them.

It was pretty good. Yes, 5 sucked. But 1 is still by far the best. My opinion of course. The whole, 'video game match up that spawned an exibition fight' was very very thin to me. The movie was still really good though.

Despite my love of animals I have no pets

Wow, me too!

I'm kind of a big deal.
People know me.
I own many leather bound books and my house smells of rich mahogany.
I know Dan Rather
I want to be on you.
My dog once ate a whole wheel of cheese.
I wasn't mad I was amazed.

oh yeah, my turn.

*I am a M*A*S*H fanatic
*I am passionate about the environment, peace, and fair treatment of animals, but I'm not a hippie nor vegitarian.
*I hate discussing religion and politics, except for only with my closest of friends.
*I cant stand it when people fail to research topics they speak about, even in casual conversation.
*I'm not half as jaded as I sound

oh yeah, my turn.

*I am a M*A*S*H fanatic
*I am passionate about the environment, peace, and fair treatment of animals, but I'm not a hippie nor vegitarian.
*I hate discussing religion and politics, except for only with my closest of friends.
*I cant stand it when people fail to research topics they speak about, even in casual conversation.
*I'm not half as jaded as I sound

an idiot (i cant even begin to describe to you how dumb he really is) i work with tried to have a conversation with me about global warming (bad idea) and ocean currents (namely the gulf stream) and then tried to tell me that ocean currents were like lake currents. (i told him he was wrong)
he continued on talking about water flowing under ice causing cold currents (im not really sure what he's talking about) but i told him at that latitude, the poles, that the density of the surface water and the density of the subsurface is nearly identical and basically no thermocline exists. and he responded with, i'm not talking about density, im talking about temperature. i wanted to shoot myself in the face. so i nicely explained to him that density and temperature are very closely related and even that they are directly proportional. he still didnt get it and then got angry with me because he said i was making this hard for him.

dont come to me with your bullsh!t and expect to get away with it.

and for what its worth, i barely know anything about ocean currents, especially the subsurface currents.

what a tool.

now that my rant is over, ill go

-my mom has Alzheimer's and is in early stage 4. when we were shopping on saturday for more clothes for her, my dad told her to find beth. when she got to me, she asked me if i was beth. that was the first time she'd ever done that.

-i have many friends that i dont actually like. im a sucker for people with good intentions even if i dont like them. its probably a huge downfall.

-i swim for exercise, but since the swim team took over the JCC, i haven't swam in almost 2 months.

-i work a meaningless job, doing meaningless things for people who don't matter.

-at night, i sleep with a heating pad even if my boyfriend is in the bed, too

current buns are nice

an idiot (i cant even begin to describe to you how dumb he really is) i work with tried to have a conversation with me about global warming (bad idea) and ocean currents (namely the gulf stream) and then tried to tell me that ocean currents were like lake currents. (i told him he was wrong)
he continued on talking about water flowing under ice causing cold currents (im not really sure what he's talking about) but i told him at that latitude, the poles, that the density of the surface water and the density of the subsurface is nearly identical and basically no thermocline exists. and he responded with, i'm not talking about density, im talking about temperature. i wanted to shoot myself in the face. so i nicely explained to him that density and temperature are very closely related and even that they are directly proportional. he still didnt get it and then got angry with me because he said i was making this hard for him.

dont come to me with your bullsh!t and expect to get away with it.

and for what its worth, i barely know anything about ocean currents, especially the subsurface currents.

what a tool.

I cant even begin to waste my time on people like this, it is far to valuable to me. And besides, it's amusing for me to let people say stupid things and make fools of themselves. What saddens me is that 98% of the general public is to stupid to realize the idiocy of the comments of these self proclaimed "experts" who read the photo captions of a 3 page article that someone emailed to them.

Anyways, to put it shortly, I dont correct morons. And I dont consider someone a moron if they dont agree with me. It goes way beyond that. They are so easy to spot that it's frightening sometimes. Who is going to replace the brilliant minds of past generations? It leaves me in a cold sweat.

an idiot (i cant even begin to describe to you how dumb he really is) i work with tried to have a conversation with me about global warming (bad idea) and ocean currents (namely the gulf stream) and then tried to tell me that ocean currents were like lake currents. (i told him he was wrong) . . .

I don't talk about global warming...way too much misinformation is out there to have any sort of intelligent conversation. I won't say which side I'm on..that will only create a political debate. ;) PM me if you really want to know. :D

To keep in spirits with the OP, a little about me:

I have strong political/religious/moral views. I tie them all together because each addresses the other in some form by default. Again, PM me if you want any details - don't want to start a flame war. ;)

My hobbies are, of course, photography, but also I like to build things with wood. I built my own deck on the house, and am working on a small wood shed. Eventually when I get enough of that green stuff I'll be building a barn/storage building. Other hobbies are computers, Xbox 360 gaming (Powder81 is my GamerTag if anyone is interested) and model railroading.

My job is pretty cool - I'm in a team of 3 people, and we manage close to 200 servers, both physical and virtual (VMware rocks!) with varying OS's from Windows 2000 up to 2003 R2 and various Linux flavors. We house applications in my office that are used globally, so we interface with lots of people in lots of countries.

For TV shows, I think I mentioned in another thread that I like all of the CSI's. NCIS and The Unit are cool, and Numb3rs is a lot of fun to watch.

For movies, pretty much anything action that isn't old & generic. I like suspense thrillers as well. Probably my all-time favorite is The Matrix trilogy, but the first was the best.

I guess that's enough about me...nice to 'meet' all of you. :)

I'll share, too.

I have two sons, one and four years-of-age
I used to race bicycles, now I just shoot the races.
I was born in Honolulu but haven't been there since I was three.
I played in a band on the stage of CBGBs, NY City.
I was a graphic designer for 10+ years, now I teach Visual Communications at a Vocational High School.
I remember the premiere of MTV.
and I watched Bud Dwyer do himself in live on television

There isn't much about me that most people don't know.

I'm married to Mister Scoops.

I think sweetcorn is EVIL!

I can't stand ignorance but I do find a few ignorant ideas funny.

I laugh at rather innappropriate stuff.

I think life is genuinely too short for anything - we all make mistakes and shouldn't dwell on a past but get on with a future.

I own hundreds of books.

I once met corey feldman and told him he should give up smoking (he said he was off for a cigerett break) then realised he'd just come out of re-hab or something! I predeeded to remove my foot from my mouth.

I adore foreign culture.

I need to get out more. I moved back to the south of england to make some cash to be with my husband who is in america.

Im still poor.

Im slightly strange.

OH! Also, I have 1 son and 1 step son, they are both amazing little people!

I once hit a 13 yr old kid with my car. He broke my windscreen and his elbow.

It wasn't my fault.

I live in Oregon
I just started going back to the gym
I take photos of houses for real estate companies
I have 2 dogs and 6 chickens
I'm moving back to AZ next summer. I hate the rainy winters up here.

Hi, my name is Alex and I like myself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back