OK, my first C&C post... yellow tulip

Zev Steinhardt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zevsteinhardt.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this shot a few months ago by putting a yellow tulip on a piece of glass. I used a roll of black paper behind the tulip and under the glass. I sprayed the tulip with some water and put an LED flashlight behind and to the left of the tulip.

1234652293_DjrQP-L.jpg

Canon XSi, 100mm macro lens, f/16, 4 seconds, ISO 100

Any comments, critiques and suggestions are welcome, appreciated and encouraged.

Thanks in advance.

Zev Steinhardt

I would have turned the flower so you were more looking into it rather than straight side on.. I'm not a huge fan of the teeny tiny blown out area of concentrated flash light-light. HAve you tried doing it with OCF?

FWIW I did pretty much this exact same thing a few weeks back. Here are my results. You reflection is better I must say.
Lily Color by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr
IMG_9263 by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Lyons,

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't own an off-camera flash (or perhaps I do -- but I don't think the Speedlight 430EX works off-camera).

It's actually pretty funny... people who see this picture either like the burnt out spot a lot or don't like it at all.
I like the way you did it with the lilies. I may have to invest in an OCF one day and try it out.

Zev Steinhardt

Lyons,

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't own an off-camera flash (or perhaps I do -- but I don't think the Speedlight 430EX works off-camera).

It's actually pretty funny... people who see this picture either like the burnt out spot a lot or don't like it at all.
I like the way you did it with the lilies. I may have to invest in an OCF one day and try it out.

Zev Steinhardt

You have a flash right? Then you can just get a set of triggers such as these and use the flsh off camera:
Amazon.com: Cowboystudio NPT-04 4 Channel Wireless Hot Shoe Flash Receiver for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus & Pentax Flashes Other products: Camera & Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back