OK... one last question about this wedding shoot

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I think im gonna give in and rent/possibly buy a new lens. Right now I have my kit 18-55mm and a 35mm 1.8... neither I think are suitable. What lens do you all recommend I get and around how much would it be to buy/rent? I think you should know that the wedding is taking place in a home (raised ranch, 8ft ceilings) and flash is allowed. Thank you ALL who have been helping! I don't know where i'd be without you guys, and this site! :hugs:

How about something with a bit longer reach, like a 70-200mm?

See if you can rent a Really good Nikon lens,im a canon user,so im not sure whats a decent wide-tele zoom lens.but i'd get a secondary body and keep a second lens on it,like a short tele prime.

How about something with a bit longer reach, like a 70-200mm?

I was looking at that, but then I read people like wide angle shots for wedding photos. I just keep getting thrown different ways, so im a little confused on what to get.
Also about the 70-200... do you think the focal length would be too close? Again... the wedding is taking place in someones home. How about a 55-200mm?

something like a 10-20mm would be good for group shots. It's really hard to say, i'd research it some more and make your selections based on what you will be shooting.

My go-to lenses for weddings are my 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8. Between those two, I can get all the shots I need for the day :)

My go-to lenses for weddings are my 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8. Between those two, I can get all the shots I need for the day :)

I don't have the money for both... Hell I don't have the money for one lol. How much were they? How much do you think renting one would cost me? Out of the two... Which one should I get?

See if you can rent a Really good Nikon lens,im a canon user,so im not sure whats a decent wide-tele zoom lens.but i'd get a secondary body and keep a second lens on it,like a short tele prime.

I wish I were made of money...lol

Nikon 24-70 2.8 is 85 for a 4 day rental. That price includes round trip shipping.
A nikon 70-200 vr II is 110 with round trip shipping for 4 days. If you rent both its 174 with shipping.

These prices are from www.lensrentals.com

Nice! Thanks for the link!!

How about my kit lens? (18-55mm 3.5-5.8) It can't be that bad can it?

Your kit lens isn't that bad. The problem with it is the variable aperture. When you zoom in and out your aperture changes. With the 2 lenses mentioned you stay at a constant 2.8 which lets in more light than 5.6.

Your kit lens isn't that bad. The problem with it is the variable aperture. When you zoom in and out your aperture changes. With the 2 lenses mentioned you stay at a constant 2.8 which lets in more light than 5.6.

This is an indoor wedding correct?
For the indoor shots, I would think your 35 1.8 would be ok, why wouldn't it be?

If this is a small wedding party, indoors, I would not bother with the 70-200. Are you going on a crop sensor also?

Yeah the 35 1.8 will work. But I wouldn't want to be limited to using just that lens. Another lens you might want to look at is the Nikon 17-55 2.8. Wont be so tight on your crop body as the 24-70 will be.

I keep reading using wide angle lenses for group shots but don't you have to be very careful about how wide you go. I thought I read somewhere that too wide makes the people on the edges look distorted sometimes?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back