Ok, so I have bought a new monitor

Jeff15

Photographizing junkie!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do I just disconnect and unplug the old one and then plug in and connect the new one or is there more to it..?

That should be about it. Everything is plug and play.

Not sure how you are connecting but I have mine connected to the graphics card using a HDMI cable.

Just what Strapo said, should be as simple as that.

I'm considering a new monitor, well actually looking to get a new PC if truth be told but I'm fancying a dedicated gaming monitor as well, possibly the Samsung C27F396 HD Curved 27''.

What one did you go with if you don't mind me asking?

After you plug it in and get it going you’ll need to calibrate it.

It doesn't hurt to go through the advanced control panel settings to see if anything like refresh rate can be adjusted to better than the default settings. But that's really about it.

I'm not sure about BenQ, but most manufacturers offer drivers and software, downloadable on their website, which sometimes offer more functionality of your device than what the built in plug and play settings in the operating system can offer. It may allow for more control or adjustment. Or it may not! Worth taking a look, though. You may also find the most current firmware for your device. From the time of manufacture to consumer purchase, there are often firmware updates released .

I just bought the same monitor. It's pretty sweet.

I seem to have a problem with connectivity. I have it connected with the normal computer to monitor lead but am not getting some of the on-screen goodies. I use Windows 10 perhaps it needs an HDMI connection as well.???

I've got a BenQ 144hz gaming monitor and it's got some settings greyed out as some functions are only availible in some modes. Could be that, what features were you looking for?

Afaik high refresh rate monitors need to be connected with display port adapters, as VGA onky supports 60hz, I think HDMI is the same.

There are some control buttons on the right underside of the screen which at the moment are non responsive....

Depending on the type of connection a monitor might self-calibrate to the video signal, not requiring some kinds of adjustments.

Most reactions

Back