OK, so I know...

OK, so I know my style of photography isn't for everyone but as long as I'm satisfied and so are the people I'm doing it for are happy, then I'm going to keep doing it. Here is one of the backyard wedding photos I took if you'd like to C&C! Be nice...lol

DSC_327710.jpg

I do some weddings as well. Here are some thoughts:

1) I never forget that the wedding is all about the bride. If the bride wants to pose in front of a setting such as this one then so be it, It is then my job to perform the skills of a photographer to the best of my abilities.

2) Given the setting that you have posted in the photo let me see what I think of your abilities

a) I absolutely consider off kilter lines to be amateur work and inexcusable. Your photo has no such off kilter lines. The verticals are in fact vertical and the horizontals are horizontal. Well done on that issue.

b) You work with what you are dealt to a large degree and the shadow/squinting is within the acceptable limits so I can't complain that much about the real world facts of life.

c) Cropping: Overall I can see little failure on your part to do a good job as a photographer. You are taking photos of opportunity and not doing studio work. And you did a good job which is evident by your placement of the bride and groom in the frame. I might change the cropping a bit. I might crop up to the hem of the man's jacket. and get rid of about 1/2 of the chain link fence. Keeping the same aspect ratio this would then get rid of some of the left side as well and it would be no loss.

Last edited:
Ok. Given that, I am curious what you want CC on. I mean it sounds like you have it all figured out.

I've noticed that your posts seem to be just antagonistic and provoking. Am I all wrong or are you just terribly bored and looking for some spice.

Eh, he just asked what we were all wondering.

You seem like one out of control arrogant idiot. The person asked for a critique not some psycho to come out firing with both barrels with all the crap you are spewing. Go to bed.

Light is the biggest issue. It's not flattering. The man's skin is glistening with sweat. Their double-chins have shadows. The big red barn is a big sign that says HEY LOOK AT ME! I'M RED! which draws my eye.

If they asked for the shot, then fine, I suppose. Keep the customer happy. But if this was your idea, then this should probably be used as an example for what not to do. Instead, shoot them in the shade so they're not squinting (I'm sure they both have beautiful eyes), use fill flash, use reflectors, etc. Take control of the light.

I am rendered unable to critique because HOLY GOD THAT IS A GIANT OF A MAN! Not making fun of him. He looks like he's 8 feet tall and built like a house. Anyway my presence is completely useless in this thread, but while I'm here I just want to know;

Why does someone new every week start fights with Bitter and erose? I mean, I could care less either way, but it doesn't do anything.

hell id love to have some critiquing like this. just because someone suggests you need to do this or that doesn't mean you have to do it. its their suggestions maybe some of the suggestions you will agree with and work on and maybe some you won't

and then i'll add in, its the internet, your posting up pics expect to be criticized.

I am rendered unable to critique because HOLY GOD THAT IS A GIANT OF A MAN! Not making fun of him. He looks like he's 8 feet tall and built like a house. Anyway my presence is completely useless in this thread, but while I'm here I just want to know;

Why does someone new every week start fights with Bitter and erose? I mean, I could care less either way, but it doesn't do anything.

You have a very potent post.
"Why does someone new every week start fights with Bitter and erose?" is actually phrased backwards. The words provoke and antagonized by is a better choice.
"but it doesn't do anything" is probably true.

I'm not trying to start a fight now. I just am never intimidated by or back off from bullies.

Bitter took my lunch money last week.

As far as the pic, I like it for what you had to work with. Sometimes locations just aren't the greatest for photographs and you have to work with what you have. Looks like a good exposure in a harsh light so it's hard to ask for much more than that.

"Why does someone new every week start fights with Bitter and erose?" is actually phrased backwards. The words provoke and antagonized by is a better choice.

Hello and welcome to the internet. Hope you're enjoying your first time. There is no reason to say what you said to who you said it. Both Bitter and erose are respected members of this forum and actually help people out (see previous pages) unlike you. You didn't critique this post so why are you here.

My $0.02: Love the barn, hate the fence, dude is huge, hav to agree with previous comment double chins have shadows.

I'm not trying to start a fight now. I just am never intimidated by or back off from bullies

Don't you guys just love people who learn a word from the dictionary and use it in every sentence they can come up with?

I'm not trying to start a fight now. I just am never intimidated by or back off from bullies.

Because we're arrogant @$$holes, that's why. Duh. Didn't you know that? :lol:

Bitter took my lunch money last week.

:biglaugh:

Hello and welcome to the internet. Hope you're enjoying your first time. There is no reason to say what you said to who you said it. Both Bitter and erose are respected members of this forum and actually help people out (see previous pages) unlike you. You didn't critique this post so why are you here.

Well, clearly giving critique and stating an opinion/having a conversation is an extremely obvious case of bullying... God, you guys don't know ANYTHING, do you? :sexywink: :lol:

Oh, and since this seems to be the trend in the last couple of posts... am I supposed to put this in mine too? Well... just in case:

I'm not trying to start a fight now. I just am never intimidated by or back off from bullies

HAHAHAHA FANTASTIC!!! :lmao:

forgot it

I know. I have questioned your "interesting" opinions and misinformation in the past, and never get a response. :er:

I don't mean to come off as an ass sir, sorry you took it like this. I asked for CC so maybe I could get some suggestions as far as *my* style with the editing, I know I could definitely use some help! I have no problem removing little things or possibly some advice on how to improve what I already do, I just don't wanna remove most of a photo or change a whole lot. I want my people to be happy and recognize where they were. Does this make sense to you?

so youre style is too bright, and over contrasty, with poor composition and awareness of background or aperture
K MOVING ON

Most reactions

Back