OK, so I know...

dukeboy1977

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, so I know my style of photography isn't for everyone but as long as I'm satisfied and so are the people I'm doing it for are happy, then I'm going to keep doing it. Here is one of the backyard wedding photos I took if you'd like to C&C! Be nice...lol

DSC_327710.jpg

As you mentioned your style may not be for everyone. It is traditional. I will however make a suggestion. The problem I have with this photo is that they seem to squinting because of the bright sun. Regardless of what style you are shooting, squinting eyes kind of make the image distracting. Also, my eye keeps going back to the satellite dish in the back.

The exposure is good, and so is the color and sharpness.

As you mentioned your style may not be for everyone. It is traditional. I will however make a suggestion. The problem I have with this photo is that they seem to squinting because of the bright sun. Regardless of what style you are shooting, squinting eyes kind of make the image distracting. Also, my eye keeps going back to the satellite dish in the back.

The exposure is good, and so is the color and sharpness.

I shoot and edit only to please myself and my customers, so traditional isn't always my style of shooting but in this case it needed to be. It was their 2nd wedding and I wanted their photos to at least be somewhat respectable, no matter what anyone knowing them thought of them after round 1. As far as their eyes go, they both kinda naturally squint so I didn't notice. I understand what you're saying though, thanks I'll keep it in mind. I used DOF for the busy background but didn't wanna make it TOO blurry as that would be more distracting in my opinion, so I chose f/10. The satellite in the background is kinda annoying, but they love this photo and my others, and I didn't know what to do about it so I accepted it. Plus, being a backyard wedding they didn't have many places for good photos...This was even taken down the street at a local park I just love due to better lighting. Thanks for your exposure and color comment, I appreciate it and agree myself! :thumbup::mrgreen:

So, what *is* your style, exactly?

Hello *Bitter* sir! My "style" is what pleases me and my customers, not everyone else. I prefer to edit photos *my way* with colors vivid, sometimes heavier contrast than most like, and I try not to have to remove alot from photos. I prefer realism as opposed to a completely photo-shopped photo which me and my customers know are fake. Call me crazy but my customers always seem satisfied.

Hello *Bitter* sir! My "style" is what pleases me and my customers, not everyone else. I prefer to edit photos *my way* with colors vivid, sometimes heavier contrast than most like, and I try not to have to remove alot from photos. I prefer realism as opposed to a completely photo-shopped photo which me and my customers know are fake. Call me crazy but my customers always seem satisfied.

Ok. Given that, I am curious what you want CC on. I mean it sounds like you have it all figured out.

Heeeelloooooo defensive tactics! :lol: Do you get a lot of C&C starting off your posts like that? I imagine those kinds of statements are the kind that turn people off to commenting, haha. If you ask people to be nice to you... you're not going to get anything really constructive either... at least I would imagine not.

I'm going to give you my two cents... and I'll apologize if it doesn't come off as "nice", but I don't do "nice". I just tell it how I see it (whether or not people agree is a whole OTHER story... :lol: )

I don't like the location. The barn/shed doesn't bother me... it's kinda cute, but I'm immediately pulled out of where I imagined them to be to realizing they're in someone's back yard by the other roofs behind the barn/shed and the ugly chain-linked fence. The fence wouldn't even really be that big of a deal, but the other houses completely take away from the image.

I *am* impressed that you got detail in her dress in that much direct sunlight... but the sunlight is still hurting you as they're both squinting... and that's never attractive. And detail or not... the lighting is still really harsh on them and because of that they both have unattractive hot spots on their skin.

Keep shooting though... and be less defensive and more open to C&C :sexywink: and you'll get it! :biggrin:

Hey, nice of you to comment on my photo! I like the location, but the background houses and such are annoying...Thats my only gripe about this park! I love that barn, I'm kinda partial to a *country* feel they give off! I hate the houses in the back, but I can't move the barn or I sure would! lol It *was* really bright out that day, but the squinting isn't all about the sun as I commented above. I didn't notice the *hot spots* before, thank you! I'll definitely keep shooting but my main focus is going to be kids from now on, and it's beginning to get recognized so I'll have more photos soon I think!

Ok. Given that, I am curious what you want CC on. I mean it sounds like you have it all figured out.

I don't mean to come off as an ass sir, sorry you took it like this. I asked for CC so maybe I could get some suggestions as far as *my* style with the editing, I know I could definitely use some help! I have no problem removing little things or possibly some advice on how to improve what I already do, I just don't wanna remove most of a photo or change a whole lot. I want my people to be happy and recognize where they were. Does this make sense to you?

I don't like the location. The barn/shed doesn't bother me... it's kinda cute, but I'm immediately pulled out of where I imagined them to be to realizing they're in someone's back yard by the other roofs behind the barn/shed and the ugly chain-linked fence. The fence wouldn't even really be that big of a deal, but the other houses completely take away from the image.

Really? I liked the satellite dish.

erose86 hit the nail on the head with her critique. If you want to get better, take that advice to heart and use it next time you're with customers. If you're satisfied, like you initially said, well - keep doing whatever.

I like you erose but you talk too much :greenpbl:

And that's the thing though... if you're happy... whatever, good for you. BUT... if you can get *BETTER*... and expand your cliental base... then why not?

Why not put yourself out there to be ripped apart, learn something, get better and profit more?

I've seen some TEEERRRRRRRRIBLE photographers on here post for C&C and then get SUPER defensive and say in so many words "Well my clients are happy so you can suck it!".

It is my firm belief that every person with a camera can find "clients"... and every person with a camera can find "clients" that are satisfied with their work.

All that depends, of course, on the TYPE of clients... but that just proves the point that there are people out there that will look at a piece of ABSOLUTE CRAP and think that it's fantastically wonderful.

So great. That person found 5 cheap people (because that person is probably charging next to nothing for their services), that can swallow their work. But they're not going to be in business very long because they're going to run out of people who can't see past the crap.

But if that person opened their mind to learning and improving, that person could get better and eventually PRODUCE something worth paying for... and as a result will gain more clients and be able to charge more.

I'm not about to give out specific names, because I'm not out to attack anyone, but there *are* people like that on here... don't let yourself be one of them.[/QUOTE]

YES, I agree, thank you! I am always willing to improve my work and shorten any editing time I need to use. I'd love to expand the "clientele" I attract! some of my probs are I don't have my name much out there yet and the photos on my site aren't really attractive, so I'm trying to do it cheap for friends / family to get good photos onto my site. Word of mouth is getting around now, but I'm not into every aspect of photography so sometimes it's no fun for me. I want to be, and have told many lately, a child photographer mainly since I have found that photographing my 2 boys brings me the most pleasure. I need to get better to be able to charge more, that's for sure cuz money is tight! lol I prefer not to be *one of them* you speak of, and hope I'm not already, so I'll keep this in mind! Sorry if I came across as a "know it all" before, I just prefer higher contrast and such images so I prefer to edit like that whenever possible...because if I'm not happy with my images, I don't expect anyone else to be either! lol Thanks again, Jeff

I've noticed that your posts seem to be just antagonistic and provoking. Am I all wrong or are you just terribly bored and looking for some spice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back