Okay how about these-Engagement shoot

Teresa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographybyteresa.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These I did on 4 different locations and they picked a bad time of the day as it was cloudy but sunny that day. Half way through the shoot, the sky acted like it just wanted to fall out (rain) on us but didnt so these are the best I can do and they are edited so i would like some advice on how to get the next shoot to look better or what i can do to edit them better and i would like some CC from you out there but dont go telling me i am not good enough. I am a beginner and would like to become professional.

DSC07925.jpg

DSC07930.jpg

DSC07940.jpg

DSC07951.jpg

DSC07969.jpg

DSC07995.jpg

DSC07980.jpg

DSC07985-bw.jpg

DSC08077-bw.jpg

DSC08132-bwc.jpg

DSC08141.jpg

DSC08153.jpg
DSC08161.jpg

Finally! I did something to your liking for once! I guess studio shooting is not my forte but it doesn't help when you dont have high ceilings or big rooms for your studio equipment. I am a beginner and I work with what I have.
Any advice on how to make any of them better?

Truthfully, I like these more than the studio shots in some of the other threads. Since you asked for CC....

~The exposures generally look good.
~The horizon is not level in #2
~Some of these like #3 and #13 have busy backgrounds. A wider aperture will help with those.
~Many of these seem soft.

Keep trying!

#1 and #2 I was on a moving pier that you could walk on and it wasn't the steadiest thing in the world and that was as high up as my tripod could go with me still able to see what I was shooting. No way was I bringing out a ladder on a moving/wobbly pier.
what do you mean by aperture...still learning the "logo" and i dont have attachable lens for my camera...i just have a sony cybershot DSC-H5...i can get a telephoto lens and wide angel but that is all they sell for my camera.
by soft do you mean blurry? i think the last were hard to get the "movement blur" off of them because they were moving and i was shooting and they didnt know it.

what do you mean by aperture

Aperture is part of the basics of photography. If you don't know what it is, you best bet would be to go to a local college and take a class. Knowing the basics is the very beginning, maybe you have gotten a little ahead of yourself.

BTW, aperture is how open your lens is. It affects the amount of light that you allow in a certain size opening. I also affects your DOF. Bigger apertures gives you a shallow DPF and smaller apertures give you greater DOF.

okay i know what aperature is i just didnt know what you meant by it about the photos...?
here are the settings for one of the photos...oh well crap, i can't find out how to find the settings used for it..like the F stop, etc

If you were having trouble with a tripod why not just shoot in hand? Only thing I use my tripod for is my flash :))

I shoot in some seriously tight spaces...and the ceilings are all standard heigh (like 10-11ft, ) You just need to work on how you use your lighting and how you make the camera interperate it.
Don't waste your time and energy being prickly and defensive, take it and use it as fuel to improve upon yourself. Then come back and show everyone up. If people feel like you don't want to hear what they have to say then they wont critique and it is a valuable tool.

theres that constructive criticism again

on some of the shots I had to get down on the ground NO tripod and I did shoot a few photos of #2 without tripod and they came out shaky..it doesn't help when there is about 20-30 mph wind outside...hence her hair blowing in the photos

What was your shutter speed? You should be able to bump it up plenty and not have a problem with camera shake.
The photos where he is looking away from the camera and she is looking at him don't work for me at all. I think you would do better to have them both looking at you with her head resting on his chest or shoulder OR them looking at eachother. Thats probably a taste thing.

i dont think my camera has a shutter speed...if it does, my manual says nothing about it and i dont have a specific button on my camera for it

i think it is all a taste thing.
some photographers like certain things while others are opposite

sony cybershot DSC-H5...i think mine was the last one because they are now extinct
on the lower right corner of LCD screen on camera I have 2 numbers
one goes all the way to 1000 and the other is F #'s and that goes all the way to 8.0 and usually with both slave lights and my on camera flash, I have to go all the way to 1000 and F8.0 or the photo will be TOO bright

Finally! I did something to your liking for once! I guess studio shooting is not my forte but it doesn't help when you dont have high ceilings or big rooms for your studio equipment. I am a beginner and I work with what I have.
Any advice on how to make any of them better?
I can understand being a beginner, we all are at some point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back