What are we looking for?
I love the colors and texture of the building, it's exposed properly, but the photo is kind of boring. No offence, I just wish there was something more going on.
the only reason i think it appears boring, is that it is just a straight on view, no different angles at all. the exposure is nice, and that barn has a lot of texture and character, try taking more pictures at different angles, up close as well.
I replied to a poster above you before I had read this post.
Makes sense now (back to my first reply poster) I think I'll try kneeling down from a corner and taking one up and see what it turns into.
Am I getting the right idea at least?
Someone else asked if I can "touch" the building to do anything with it. I cannot, as it is a historical place.
I'll go back though and see what I can do. Thanks guys! I appreciate it.
I shoot barns and I have found a bit of surrounding area helps. You have this cropped really close. It looks like there might be a stream running behind it? To the right in the back? Perhaps showing a little of that would make the photo feel a bit more interesting. Still a nice shot though.