old bus found in a clearcut forest . any idea what kind?

Wyjid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soultreephotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MWYJ1697bw2small.jpg

MWYJ1703small.jpg

MWYJ1737small.jpg

MWYJ1739Cropedsmall.jpg

This is just a complete guess, but it looks like an old milk truck to me.

Nice shots.

My guess was going to be a milk truck too. Did you check inside for any clues?

It looks to me like what my dad used to call a "service truck"... you know, the kind used by painters, roofers, plumbers, electricians and the like. A service truck made... duh... service calls. As for who made those things I'd say it was likely a GM or Ford product given its apparent age.

Pretty neat find out in the woods though. I would have had to stop and shoot a few images myself! Good work.

Ok, now that that's solved, here's a new question: For how long after a forest is clearcut is it to be considered a forest, albeit a clearcut one? :confused:

Nice pictures, especially #1. Is that around town somewhere?

Check out the windshield though. On the one in the ad the glass wraps around, on the dead one it's two flat panels. Maybe just different models form the same company though.

Trust me it is they were build in Canada by Wilson and sold by Packette Metro.

Trust me.. Its not. Its not the same one thats in that ad.

check out the grill, check out the side windows.. its not even the same shape, and look how the packette vans windshield wraps around the side. Look at the side molding, or even where the windshield wipers should go.

*edit*
You can even see the top part of the grill in the 4th picture.

Trust me.. Its not. Its not the same one thats in that ad.

check out the grill, check out the side windows.. its not even the same shape, and look how the packette vans windshield wraps around the side. Look at the side molding, or even where the windshield wipers should go.

*edit*
You can even see the top part of the grill in the 4th picture.

LOL, Just trust him already, would ya!! Even though they look completely different, just trust him!

Yea, I looked at the two, and I'm no old truck expert, but I would say that the truck the OP shot is definitely not the 1955 Packette Metro Delivery Van (at least not the one in the ad that Crazymainer posted.)

Here's some of the main differences I found:
  • As Parkerman noted, the front grills are completely different
  • As Bull Goose noted, the front windshields are different - in the photo they're 2 flat panels, on the ad they wrap around
  • The different style of windshields forces the side windows to also be different on both models (And also for that matter, the truck in the ad only has 1 window on each side - the one on the doors. The truck in the photo has 2 windows on each side including the windows on the doors)
  • Look how much higher up that trim is on the truck in the photo that wraps around the whole truck - also due to the different shape of grills
  • It's hard to tell, but it looks like the wheel wells are different on the photo and in the ad
Yea, I don't think they're the same truck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back