Old Camera Value?

Timmaaaay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My grandmother came across an old camera and was wondering what the value of it is.

On the camera it says:

made BUSCH for
(unreadable)
American Bolex Stillwell Corp

and then on the inside it says "Busch Pressman". On the lense it says:

no 31 Kodak Anastigmat
F-4.5 5 1/2 In.
No 31 - 1638
Compur

Older cameras often have more sentimental value. I wouldn't sell my father's old Contax for anything though it gets little use now and it's in mint shape with a bunch of Zeiss lenses. Relatively speaking it's worth a fair amount (though less than what I've spent on one lens) but in a sense it's 'irreplaceable'

I acquired a camera similar to this one. It is a Busch Pressman, but seems like a different model. Try this site:occs Home Page at Historic Camera

I'm not too knowledgeable, but I would try a search ebay regularly for Busch Pressman or Printing Pressman and see if something comes up.

I looked on Ebay and got this Busch Pressman items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, press camera items on eBay.com!= not many but the realsiticaly priced one is around $150 for the "buy it now" price wich sounds about right to me. The guy who has the $700 must have some kind of screw loose and it's not in the camera.
Always look in "Completed Listings" to find the realistic prices things are going for. Doing so in this case shows them going for as little as $63.00

Busch Pressman 2 1/4"X 3 1/4" Bellows Camera - eBay (item 280580037368 end time Oct-31-10 18:02:09 PDT)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If it's a 2x3" it's worth around $100, if it's a 4x5" it may be worth as much as $300.

Of course this is assuming it's in working condition.

Busch Pressman (Busch Camera Corp, Chicago, USA)), ca.1950,
Press camera with coupled finder for plates with size 2 1/4" x 3 1/4",
Coupled Vue-Focus Range Finder (American Bolex Stillwell Corp.),

cost new 75.00
average street price 100.00 for very good condition

Busch Pressman (Busch Camera Corp, Chicago, USA)), ca.1950,
Press camera with coupled finder for plates with size 2 1/4" x 3 1/4",
Coupled Vue-Focus Range Finder (American Bolex Stillwell Corp.),

cost new 75.00
average street price 100.00 for very good condition

Considering the focal length of his lens (5.5 inches or 141mm), he may likely have a 4x5, which is worth a lot more then the 2x3. The last two that sold on ebay went for $250 and $331.

Most reactions

Back