old digital full frame cameras

jamiebonline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi guys,

do you think it is worth buying an old digital full frame camera. i mean, as much as ten years old. it seems likely i could get one for less than 500 dollars, no? has technology moved on so much as to make these cameras not really worth the money? i am shooting film now but i also want a full frame digital mainly for low light performance (it doesn't have to be spectacular) and ease of use that comes with having a digital image. any advice?
maybe the glass i put on it matters more.

A lot of people are still using their D700 cameras. I don't think they are to $500, but many are available for under $1000. My sister has one of these sitting around for about the same thing you are looking for.

Canon 5D "classic" bodies are in the $500-$550 range here at walk-in retail, when they can be had. At KEH.com there's probably a good, steady supply of them. Nikon D700 cameras are newer, and are better bodies, with better AF and higher build quality and a larger, better-performing battery, but are priced at $750 or so here. Low light performance is good, but not spectacular, as it is in the modern Nikon FF bodies.

Most reactions

Back