Old photograph valuable?

Entoman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this old photo at a local thrift store. It appears to be quite old and has some color tinting added. Are things like this worth anything?

Regards
20200609_132519.jpg

I doubt it has much value. Without provenance, I would rate it at $25 or so.If the subject was a famous person, that could easily up the value.

I doubt it has much value. Without provenance, I would rate it at $25 or so.If the subject was a famous person, that could easily up the value.
I would say that's probably on the high side; I routinely see boxes of old card prints for <$50. I would say it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

I didn't buy it, I didn't have the money to impulse buy on something like that at the time. I mostly just wanted to see if I had missed an interesting oportunity or not. Since they had it priced for $40 though it sounds like there wouldn't have been much hope for resale at a higher price.

As a collector of old photos they are worth only what someone might pay. Unless you have a well known photographers print made by that photographer him/herself or a photo of someone famous than it's all in the air about price.

Example would be I got this 13.5 x 19.5 portrait free from someone who just wanted the frame/bubble glass.
h2SV5TC.jpg

On the other side of the coin a tin type was donated to Goodwill that was a portrait of General Grant and sold for several thousand dollars.

I'd say that one you show might be worth around $10-25 at a flea market. The frame could be worth more than the photo.

Good move _not_ buying it priced at $40...while it might be worth thst ad a decor piece, as a collectible photo that's too much money for a picture of some random baby.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back