Old Post Office Building

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
16283452-L.jpg

16283454-L.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I respect your skills. But, the photo could have been better. I keep talking about the keystone effect. When you broke the plane of the camera angle the walls look like they're falling inward. You're a gifted camera person. I really enjoy your work. Some people think the falling-inward effect is cool. I don't. I hope you don't take this personal...

railman44 said:
I respect your skills. But, the photo could have been better. I keep talking about the keystone effect. When you broke the plane of the camera angle the walls look like they're falling inward. You're a gifted camera person. I really enjoy your work. Some people think the falling-inward effect is cool. I don't. I hope you don't take this personal...

heck no, i don't consider any comment that lends advice "personal". thanks railman for the insight and complement. considering my position at the time, i don't see how i could have avoided this effect, but i'll certainly take another look.

The first one has a crazy looking sky... very strange... but I really like it! Great job as usual! :D

and remember always shoot in RAW;)

is there a way to avoid the "falling in" look? it seems unavoidable when you're shooting up like that :???:

nice shots.... and that's a huge post office! :shock:

Nytmair said:
is there a way to avoid the "falling in" look? it seems unavoidable when you're shooting up like that
Nytmair said:
nice shots.... and that's a huge post office!

Dan, I believe the “falling in look” can be fixed in PS, but I do know how. Do recall reading a post for DigtalMatt on how to fix this. With out PS you need a tilt-shift lens or camera.

Jeff Canes said:
Dan, I believe the “falling in look” can be fixed in PS, but I do know how. Do recall reading a post for DigtalMatt on how to fix this. With out PS you need a tilt-shift lens or camera.

i am aware of how to correct this in PS using the distortion tool, but it makes photographs like this look unrealistic IMO. thanks for the comment.

Jeff Canes said:

Sorry for my ignorance but can someone explain me what means “falling in look” in photograhy? Thanks!

I like it very much :thumbup:

When the post opens on my monitor, I can see the the dark arches and up, with a brownish sky. Very dark and gloomy and I thought, hmm, Jon finally posted a crappy photo. Scroll down a bit and start to see the clock, yup I knew better than that. :lol:
A couple more beautys. :thumbup:
Thanks for sharing your great work.

Ivana again said:
Sorry for my ignorance but can someone explain me what means “falling in look” in photograhy? Thanks!

I think this refers to the way the walls seem to come together as you near the top of the second photo. They dont look to go straight up. I hope this helps ya!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back