Old Salesman :(

Moni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An old man selling toys in the street for the children!

osm.jpg

Rich in color!!! awesome!

The colors definitely makes this shot. I like how he's carrying both of these items on each arm. It gives a sense of balance to the picture. Nice work Moni.

Thanks MDowdey for your inspirations! I'm so happy that I've got vote from a photographer like you :D

danalec99 and Lula yes...this man caught my eyes first with his colorful appearence :)

Lungfarmer you're also correct...his age is around 75 and he still works for food :(

MDowdey your new avatar looks great! Is that your model?
You are lucky to have so beautiful model!

Are we here for pats on the back...or to get better. In the name of scholarship, I'd say the the eye is carried off the page in the top right corner with the negative space, and nothing is there to bring it back. Also, you've broken the rule of thirds....which leads the next advice. I'd like to see the environment this man lives in. It's so much of who he is. If this pic was taken in Kansas...it would have been a whole different subtext as if it was taken in a New Delhi marketplace. The texture on his shirt is also washing out on my monitor. I'd like to see this pic at one stop less.

If you just want a pat on the back..then tell me to shut my big fat mouth.

metroshane said:
Are we here for pats on the back...or to get better. In the name of scholarship, I'd say the the eye is carried off the page in the top right corner with the negative space, and nothing is there to bring it back. Also, you've broken the rule of thirds....which leads the next advice. I'd like to see the environment this man lives in. It's so much of who he is. If this pic was taken in Kansas...it would have been a whole different subtext as if it was taken in a New Delhi marketplace. The texture on his shirt is also washing out on my monitor. I'd like to see this pic at one stop less.

If you just want a pat on the back..then tell me to shut my big fat mouth.

No Metroshane...you're quite welcome to keep open your big fat mouth ;)

I've understood you're talking about the environment of this old man where he belongs to, to match the whole thing......actually this is a street photography and I've not much control of it :S

Sorry I didn't knew much about "Rule of Thirds"
http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/compose_expose/thirds.html

Now I know :) Thanks for the info. :)

Yes! I want to learn more and more, this learning never ends :)

Wonderful...I was afraid I came across a little too strong. Think you are really onto something with your photog and only want to help you get better if I can.

In regards to Metro...I know what you mean. Sometimes I'd really like to pick apart photos here or give advice, but I don't want to come across as a know-it-all or seem like I'm slamming the shot. I love the new critique forum! :D :thumbsup:

Looking at this photo, I agree that a bit more background would definitely anchor the shot better. As it is, for me it's kind of caught in that no-man's-land between snapshot and solid, artistic, photojournalistic image. If this was a wider frame, showing the background of the street setting, I could see it in National Geographic or something. From an artistic standpoint, I think a really cool crop would be either really tight on his eyes, or really tight showing just his knurled old hand holding the toys.

metroshane said:
Are we here for pats on the back...or to get better. ..............If you just want a pat on the back..then tell me to shut my big fat mouth.

This forum should be for development, which is why I am here. Pats wouldn't let a person grow up from their shells!

Thanks Shark for your suggestions :)

Yes! Danalec as I said earlier we won't mind much in learning ;)

hi moni :D

i agree with Metro, Shark - about all the technical things....i have to admit that i didnt notice all of them first! thanks guys - im learning a lot from you!

anyway - moni - the portrait has a great mood - you really can capture people's emotion -;))

Most reactions

New Topics

Back