M

MDowdey

chair.jpg

fountain.jpg

normal_gracie7.jpg

normal_Leaf.jpg

Stump.jpg

normal_wood.jpg

I think my judgement of Exposure is getting a little better, im very pleased with these pics....

tell me what you think?

md

I agree that the exposures are good on all, and I like the composition of #s 1, 3 & 6, maybe on #3 crop left off too more of a square frame

i agree with you a little about number 3, but i wanted some contrast againt the "well lit" leaf...

thanks for the kind words!

md

The chair and baby pictures are the ones that stand out for me. Number 1 has a timeless image too it. It also looks nice backlit against the sunny window.

The baby picture has a nice composition with the same backlit effect from the window. What's also nice about it is that the baby is center but the other subjects in the picture fight for my attention so I don't notice it much. It's a good example how center can definitely work when it's blended with other factors.

Wow, Matt - you're really getting better at this, aren't you?? :wink: None of them are bad, but I really like your chair image. It's *almost* too contrasty, but you still have good information in the blown areas as well as the shadow in the chair, which makes it soooo nice to look at! You did great, because I know that was a challenging image to capture, with the harsh outside light.

Take a bow, babe! :D

terri said:
Wow, Matt - you're really getting better at this, aren't you?? :wink: None of them are bad, but I really like your chair image. It's *almost* too contrasty, but you still have good information in the blown areas as well as the shadow in the chair, which makes it soooo nice to look at! You did great, because I know that was a challenging image to capture, with the harsh outside light.

Take a bow, babe! :D

spank you!! spank you very much!!

md

Did you post any photos? I was busy looking at your new avatar :wink:

Big Mike said:
Did you post any photos? I was busy looking at your new avatar :wink:

yeah, miss knightley sure is distracting...

md

Only in SC could you see a fountain that big that looked like a Palmetto bush. ;)

Nice shots Matt, really like the chair pic.

Most reactions

Back