What's new

Old Traveller

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This needs to be viewed on a dark background so please click here and then click on the photo.

p1456269802-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
Very nice. Still haven't caught Butch and Sundance I see.
Butch and Sundance wouldn't stand a chance in South America :)

Thanks!
 
Nice still-life I like the lighting and the comp.
 
That's quite a collection - Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, Venezuela... I'm not sure, but I think Argentina is also represented.

Now in exile - the hint is peeking at us from behind the currency of the spanish-speaking countries. The camera evokes a sense of being a witness to the travels, whether voluntary or involuntary. But I also get the feeling that there are clues to which I am blind, and I am struggling to make sense of what I'm feeling. The mental picture feels incomplete, almost like a partially remembered dream. Was that your intention, Federico?
 
That's quite a collection - Paraguay, Ecuador, Bolivia, Chile, Venezuela... I'm not sure, but I think Argentina is also represented.
Yes, many of the coins and the two documents are from Argentina :)

Now in exile - the hint is peeking at us from behind the currency of the spanish-speaking countries. The camera evokes a sense of being a witness to the travels, whether voluntary or involuntary. But I also get the feeling that there are clues to which I am blind, and I am struggling to make sense of what I'm feeling. The mental picture feels incomplete, almost like a partially remembered dream. Was that your intention, Federico?
I collect both old cameras and coins (well, the truth is that I haven't touched my coin collection in at least 20 years). I ran into a box of coins the other day and to my surprise I had a few bills in there too. I thought the money and the cameras would make great props to tell a mini-story in one photo. Honestly, I wanted to use a different word than "exile" for this, but the others I looked up (embezzlement, forgery, fraud, et cetera) were located in parts of the dictionary that made it difficult to set up the currency :)

I probably shouldn't have titled the photo at all – I should've let each viewer decode the story the way they wanted instead. Still, like you mentioned, the story is not completely told here so I'll leave it up to the viewer to connect the dots.

Thanks, Mully and Paul!
 
Nice job, thought for a bit you were doing a photo of some real desperattos stuff.
Guess I'm gettin old.
 
Nice still-life I like the lighting and the comp.
I forgot to mention that the lighting is just window light... right after the sun went down, so it's a two-minute exposure.

Nice job, thought for a bit you were doing a photo of some real desperattos stuff.
Guess I'm gettin old.
Thank you. I was actually desperado to take a photo, so it is technically desperado stuff :)
 
Love that shot. Very nice.
 
I really like the Minolta :)

Nicely shot, the window light is well used and sets the tone. I'm in the same state as pgriz, I feel as if I should know the story but can't quite put my finger on it yet...
 
I'm in the same state as pgriz, I feel as if I should know the story but can't quite put my finger on it yet...
I totally dropped the ball with the title. KmH has just changed it for me – this one works much better and leaves the story wide open (as opposed to the original title, which didn't make all the sense I had hoped for :))

Thanks all!
 
Last edited:
Love this shot. Window light with a 2 minute exposure? I need a new camera!
 
Wonderful! I opened this with what I presume is the new title (Old Traveler), expecting an abandoned car, but you continue to surprise. I especially love the way the passport looks and wish I could see more of it, although this is not an image you mess with lightly, as good as it is.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom