What's new

Old Traveller

I love the new title!

Several of the older cameras that I've bought recently came in their original camera bags - and of course the bags had all kinds of little things left in the pockets, like 1950s lens wipes, notes, tickets, and that sort of stuff (no $$$, sadly). I've really enjoyed imagining what the original owners of my cameras were like through seeing what they left in their camera bags - and with the new title for your photo, I get that exact same feeling here- I like :)
 
I love the repeating circles throughout the shot! :hug::
 
Love this shot. Window light with a 2 minute exposure? I need a new camera!
You keep finding excuses to need a new camera ;)

Wonderful! I opened this with what I presume is the new title (Old Traveler), expecting an abandoned car, but you continue to surprise. I especially love the way the passport looks and wish I could see more of it, although this is not an image you mess with lightly, as good as it is.
Yes, "Old Traveller" is the new title. I'm not used to setting up images (I normally shoot the scenes the way I find them), and placing everything in a way that didn't look set up took me an eternity. Turning the camera a couple degrees CCW might have given me a better composition, and would've shown more of the document I assume you refer to as passport :) That's my own DNI of course, and it's from 1984 (an anachronism in the photo, but it's so weathered that it looks older).

I love the new title!

Several of the older cameras that I've bought recently came in their original camera bags - and of course the bags had all kinds of little things left in the pockets, like 1950s lens wipes, notes, tickets, and that sort of stuff (no $$$, sadly). I've really enjoyed imagining what the original owners of my cameras were like through seeing what they left in their camera bags - and with the new title for your photo, I get that exact same feeling here- I like :)
Thank you! Yes, people leave all sorts of goodies in the photo bags when selling used gear, I know exactly what you mean!

I love the repeating circles throughout the shot! :hug::
In Canada we call them "coins" :-P

Cheers, all!
 
Lew came back. This traveller was on another journey. Which is, I suspect continuing.
 
Great well balanced still life !
Thanks for the link to the "view on black", well worth the trip to your site. :)
 
Thank you all!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom