Old Windows...

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Once again, I'm out roaming around for old buildings and things that managed to capture some sort of character over the years. I took many shots of this abandoned building but this was one of my favorites. I like the colors and textures.. made me want to know what was inside.

121934256.jpg

As always.. comments always welcome.. thanks for looking.

It looks like an old painting! I can see why you would be so happy with this find.

I love the colours, and the composition. I would almost be tempted to ask though, if perhaps you have tried cropping the bottom window out, but still leaving the cracked wall? Not certain how that would look but that idea came to mind.

:thumbup:

wow that is a nice wall! Great texture and colour in it. Love to see you explore this wall even closer and pick out some abstract stuff.
Nice tones to this

Really beatiful pic! Great colors, textures as well... I love it!
though I think it needs a frame, that would look good. :D

I just love this photo!
Have you ever tried getting a horizontal crop with only the top window in the photo? I think I would play with the picture and see what it would look like then.

I took a picture just like this! Let me see if i can dig it up...

back. found it. here ya go:

windowwithvine.jpg

the resemblance is weird, huh? (sorry to hijack the post)

I like the original with both windows. Great colors and tones. Good composition and detail. I'd consider printing that one:mrgreen:

Nice shot.

Thanks for all the comments!

I liked it so much that an 8x10 framed print is currently hanging in my home. It'll be up there for a few months until I feel its time for a change ( small home = not much wall space ). I did do a little experimentation prior to posting with the picture. I cropped it in a few different ways but there's so much of both windows that i liked that I stuck to showcasing both. Just had an idea... Take the picture and crop it so that one print had the top window and the other print had the bottom window. Then have them framed seperately but displayed in their correct "positions" on the wall. Should really allow for the details to pop out.

I'll take the Jonk's suggestion into mind when I visit it again soon... Hopefully during the next coming sprint before the brush around it gets too thick.

Rapala... the resemblance is uncanny.... According to your profile you are in New Jersey. Wouldn't it be funny if it was the same building? I take it from your avatar that your a Texas Long Horn.... From a graduate Texas Aggie... Whooop! hehe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back