Older dslrs?

lazarus219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi,
i was having a look on dpreview last night thgrough the different cameras and i found some discontinued dslrs, i looked at some cameras like the D30, andi was thining- basically all the dslr's are out of my price range but some of these dicontinued models- were in my range, so would it be better to buy one of these cameras or get a fixed lense minolta dimage A1?
any other recoomendations for older dslrs that have dropped in price? i like canons but im open to anything
Thanks

What will you be using it for?

The shutter delay time is a problem with older digital cameras. The D30 was one of Canon first advance amateur DSLR it also had this problem. It will likely be fine for landscape, architect and other stills.

The problem is stopping movement as you see it. The delay is between bushing shutter button and the shutter opening. So that you see is not what the camera take a picture of

i had a but more of a look around and i noticed that the fuji S1 pro and to a lesser extent the S2 have come down a lot in terms of prices, and i will read the entire dpreview in depth review for these cameras when i get the chance, i really would prefer dslr but fixed lense is still an option if its out of my price range, shutter lag wouldf be a real problem for me, i do landscape and all kinds of photogrpahy but also skate(boarding) pictures which need as low shutter lag as possible,

thanks for your help

If you give us a price range we can maybe give you some suggestions.

umm around AU800-1000 anywhere between there is ok im pretty sure, the dimage A1 that im looking for is usually selling at around AU$900

Most reactions

New Topics

Back