Older pics I took....critique

timberwolf5480

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And yes, they were taken with a point and shoot camera....Some were photoshopped, number 1 was the first pic I ever took with a digital camera period.....

000_0252.jpg

100_1570.jpg

100_1713.jpg

100_2045.jpg

Thanks, and keep in mind, I am only learning, not planning on making prints or selling, most of my pics are more for learning.

1. I don't really find this very interesting and your lighting is too harsh. On camera flash? To diffuse the light a bit you can use a piece of tissue paper or toilet paper over the flash.

2. This gets the point across :lol: and while I'm not a big fan of selective coloring, I think here it makes for an amusing shot.

3. I really like this shot, I think it works very well in B&W, but you might want to play around with the dodge & burn tools a bit and increase the contrast slightly to bring out more detail and cut down a bit on the glare on the barrel.

4. My favorite. The colors are a bit on the flat side, you could maybe boost the contrast a bit or levels might help. I wouldn't boost saturation too much or at all though, because the old faded look to the gates and barn add to the feel of this shot.

Over all - not bad.

Thank you!! And I took them a few years ago when I didn't know ANYTHING at all.....C&C are welcome!

EDIT:

Number 3 Edit (Touched up):
This was touched up with the "Burn" Tool in Photoshop, while I experimented on this, I found out, you can't completely remove the glare, I even tried touching it up in the colorized original of this shot, but still could not get rid of it completely.
100_1713TouchedUP.jpg

Number 3 Edit (Contrast Down):
Again I touched it up with the burn tool, but this time, I reduced the contrast just a little, gives it a faded look....
100_1713ContrastDown.jpg

Number 4 Edit (contrast up):
Turned the contrast up a little on the whole thing, thinking as I typed this, I should have maybe kept the barn and gate the same and turned the contrast up on the rest of the pic, to keep the fadedness of those items.
100_2045.jpg

Constructive C&C are always welcome, thanks for the input!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back