Oliver twist Grey Squirrel

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks like he he's saying " Please sir, may I have some more" Or a little old lady clutching her purse :)

Ok maybe not- shot this little chap in the local park - light not brilliant It is winter here after all, so I had to push the ISO to 1600 to get a decent shutter speed for hand held with a long lens

pOi1agi.jpg

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200-600mm G lens @ 600mm

f6.3 - 1/1000th sec ISO 1600

Les :)

-

We have very few of those here and the tail is always spectacular
— though sometimes in the way.

If possible, I would have explored a slightly lower shooting PoV to
get the whole BG in green.
Thank you for your observations, unfortunately not, as the grey area is in fact a small lake and I knelt down to get this POV :)

Les

I totally understand about the higher ISO/s.s. correlation and that's what you have to do sometimes unless you want your subject blurry, which would make any effort to get a pic a wasted one. I always like it when the bg matches the subject's color in some way and it looks good here. I also like how the grey blends with the green and that's a lovely green. A wonderful shot imo.

On a side note, the squirrels over here do the same thing with their little hand/paws. Guess it's just a squirrel thing. I can see the old lady clutching her purse, lol! Old, grey, hunched back, too!

All things considered, it came out very well. Ours do much of the same, from begging at the side of the path, to rendering oratory to any who will stop and listen.

I totally understand about the higher ISO/s.s. correlation and that's what you have to do sometimes unless you want your subject blurry, which would make any effort to get a pic a wasted one. I always like it when the bg matches the subject's color in some way and it looks good here. I also like how the grey blends with the green and that's a lovely green. A wonderful shot imo.

On a side note, the squirrels over here do the same thing with their little hand/paws. Guess it's just a squirrel thing. I can see the old lady clutching her purse, lol! Old, grey, hunched back, too!
Thank you Kirk- a very detailed reply :)
All things considered, it came out very well. Ours do much of the same, from begging at the side of the path, to rendering oratory to any who will stop and listen.
Thank you Jeff- I was so tempted to insert a purse into the image :)

Les

Most reactions

Back