olympus E520 vs nikon D3000 vs D40

aleksey123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wich one is better? currently have D40 but thinkin to get ither E520 or D3000 .....

Just keep what you have and get better lenses.
tanks for reply ..... a mean am still thinkin ....but what you think about E520 is it supposed to be betterthen D40? cus i can get deal on that E520 wit 40-150mm includet wit 14-42mm..

The D40 has the best IQ between the three though in low light, and can mount any Nikon lens since 1959. Not to mention the biggest viewfinder of all three, AND the least expensive.

yeah, just save for better lens since you already have the D40. The two other body you mention won't make any different to your photography. If you have a couple hundred dollars and want to spend on equipments, you can get an sb-600 flash or 35mm f1.8 lens or the 55-200 mm vr lens if you don't already have it. Or you can have all of that stuff for like $600 which is about the cost of the two camera you mention.

tanks for your replys:thumbup: .... i decided to get D3000 , pretty much same as D40 except, now i got bigger screen, VR lens, that dust cleaning thing and its newer model , 10megapixel etc..... i looked at that Olympus played around then i walked away cuz Nikon is Nikon ...soon am geting better lens.

Jumping from D40 to D3000 .. not much of an upgrade. I think you may have a better result with lens upgrade. (assuming you have the kit lens only)

Jumping from D40 to D3000 .. not much of an upgrade. I think you may have a better result with lens upgrade. (assuming you have the kit lens only)

ya i kno its just that D40 that igot it was display camera, and it was looks used and i paid 400$(it was last D40 they got) so i wanet to get new in box and cheapest Nikon they had is D3000 i got it for 520$ brand new ...and my other option was Olympus E520 but i want it Nikon...

You want to spend hundreds of dollars on a new camera just so it looks new?

that's like getting a new car when the tank is empty or the new car smell fades away.

ya i kno its just that D40 that igot it was display camera, and it was looks used and i paid 400$(it was last D40 they got) so i wanet to get new in box and cheapest Nikon they had is D3000 i got it for 520$ brand new ...and my other option was Olympus E520 but i want it Nikon...

:spank:

the D40 10 years ago would have been one of the best (if not the best, compare to D1 from 1999) on the market. don't fool yourself into thinking the camera doesn't suit your needs just because better have come out since.

put a nice lens on it with a decent flash and you should be able to get great pictures of just about anything.

Most reactions

Back