Olympus OMD 10 Mark 2 + Samyang 24mm f/1.4 lenses = Blurred photos? Settings?

Wertyy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys!

I own an Olympus OMD 10 Mark 2 in combo with Samyang 24mm f/1.4 lenses.

80% of my pictures in my last photoshoot in a studio came out very blurred/with sides of the subjects moving (although it was static or barely moving).

Note that I adjusted perfect clarity and lighting through the Samyang lenses. The picture is just perfect in the camera eyesight, but it comes out blurred.

What settings should I adjust on the Olympus camera in order to fix this?

What was your shutter speed? Posting an image or two, with complete EXIF data will great help the forensic analysis.

Last edited:
1/2 second shutter speed is WAY TOOOOO SLOW to shoot people.

You need to study exposure, and how and why to adjust each of the sides of the exposure triangle: ISO, aperture, shutter speed.
For still subjects and your 24mm lens, I would not go lower than 1/60 sec. And that presumes good camera handling, and a non-moving subject.

The Image Stabilizer in the camera (IBIS) will compensate for some of YOUR camera movement, but NOT for subject movement. IOW, at slow shutter speeds, if the subject moves, the subject will be blurred.
I do not know if or how you can input lens data for you non-Olympus lenses on the OM10-mk2. The IBIS needs to know the focal length of the lens, to properly stabilize for that lens.

Most reactions

Back