Olympus - Opinions?

leah39

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought an e-p1 and it's awesome, consistently the best color I've seen come out of a digital camera, blows my nikons out of the water in the jpeg dept. If olympus made FF cameras I'd sell all my Nikon gear for whatever it was.

Oh btw.... The Olympus E-M5 has been announced and will be shipping end of this month. Its intended to be sold side-by-side with the E-P3 but you should expect to see some E-P3 hit the used market at good prices.

I love mine, in fact I am going to be going up to Maine in May and am committing to using only that camera. Usually I take my d700 as my main camera and use the pen as my point and shoot, but this time I am lighten the load.

I have the E-P3 with the 14-42. From what little I've used of it so far, I like everything except for the lack of the viewfinder when shooting outdoors. I purchased it for traveling and doing food reviews so I didn't have to lug the 5D MKII into a restaurant, but I still find myself using the 5D MKII because of the high ISO performace (because restuarant lighting sucks) and the shallower DOF.

I am going to be purchasing several legacy lenses though and at that point, maybe a fast prime will work a lot better than the kit lens.

I'm very pleased with my E-P3. I have the two lenses in your link plus I added the 45mm f/1.8. It has served me better than another Nikkor lens I was going to purchase.

I've heard the 45 1.8 is just amazing..

I love mine, in fact I am going to be going up to Maine in May and am committing to using only that camera. Usually I take my d700 as my main camera and use the pen as my point and shoot, but this time I am lighten the load.

Have fun in Lobster country! I'll be there. Haha.

If you are in the market for a nice prime and a 25mm range lens then check out the Panny leica summilux 25mm F1.8 It's not actually made by leica but it's an amazing lens either way.

I have the EP3 and the touch screen coupled with the extremely fast focus is nothing less than spectacular.

The E-P3 has become a much more useful photography tool. It's worked amazingly well once I stuck those two lenses on it. I'll post photos when I get them.

Olympus has some of the best performing lenses for the price. Their high end lenses are expensive but are pretty much amongst the best performing lenses there is.

I'm constantly blown away by their attention to detail on these things. I have yet to see another manufacturer offer a smooth focus-by-wire system for an entry level kit lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back