On a Hydrant

Gotta remember I cannot edit posts on here....

Nice looking hydrant.

Gotta remember I cannot edit posts on here....
Odd, I can - even after almost two years,

Good job, I like it. :)

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to edit your posts on here.

Cute shot; understanding you've posted only to share, but just a suggestion on a minor crop: Cut off just a bit of the left side to remove that part bench and a bit off the top to remove the over bright sky.

Cute shot; understanding you've posted only to share, but just a suggestion on a minor crop: Cut off just a bit of the left side to remove that part bench and a bit off the top to remove the over bright sky.

Not a criticism of your suggestions but a question. I can see where cropping the sky in a photo like this wouldn't affect layout much, but on the sides I've had similar images where I really wanted to get rid of something but to do so would throw the central theme to far to one side. In those cases I've either had to go to a custom image size or resize and take more off the bottom/top than I wanted. Any comments on the best way to handle?

Not a criticism of your suggestions but a question. I can see where cropping the sky in a photo like this wouldn't affect layout much, but on the sides I've had similar images where I really wanted to get rid of something but to do so would throw the central theme to far to one side. In those cases I've either had to go to a custom image size or resize and take more off the bottom/top than I wanted. Any comments on the best way to handle?
Sure... make them go away. I'm a big fan of 4x5 crops, so cropping this image to a 4x5 would have left that bit of bench in, so I simply made it go away...
Hydrant.jpg

make them go away. I'm a big fan of 4x5 crops, so cropping this image to a 4x5 would have left that bit of bench in, so I simply made it go away...

Done that as well as using custom size crops. In print media custom crops work great, but for display the OCD in me kicks in and no matter how much I think it looks better as a custom size, my mind won't accept the odd size.

I found out that I could edit. I was just not seeing it on the left of the screen. I was looking on the right, along side "Quote" & "Reply".

Believe me, I am not above criticism. I want, need to learn. Heck, that's the biggest reason I come here. I do a lot of lurking.
I was trying to keep the sky in the photo. Not for any real reason other than I thought it would be there.
Good call on the park bench though. Now that you mention it being there, I really don't like that it is.

Nice shot. You must have different fire hydrants than we do in Michigan. I would never stick my daughter on Michigan fire hydrant or my son for that matter.

Nice shot. You must have different fire hydrants than we do in Michigan. I would never stick my daughter on Michigan fire hydrant or my son for that matter.
This was in MI (Huron metro Park).... why do you say that?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This was in MI (Huron metro Park).... why do you say that?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Really? Usually, they have a big operating nut on top.

Most reactions

Back