On-line Courses

runsen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am brand new to photography and to this forum. I have been reading several tutorials along with my camera manual and even a " Dummies" book for my camera( Canon T3). I am interested in taking an on- line course to further my training, but there are so many available and I have no way to judge them.

Does anyone have experience with these courses, good or bad, that they could share with me? Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

The Kelby ones are pretty good and you can sign up for a single month. Twenty something dollars for unlimited access for a month. If anything, you will get too much, too quickly

I'd suggest looking for a real (in person) class in your area.

I teach classes and I've had many of my students tell me that they they learned so much more/better from a 12 hour class, than from years of reading / on-line learning.

Check you tube first. There is a ton of free content on there. Free is always better than paying.

I would take one aspect of photography at a time. Kelby is good, but can be overwelming if you are just starting out. A beginning course would do you well.

^^^^ agreed that Kelby can get overwhelming. But I am reading his book on LR4 right now and if his other books are like this, then they are great to follow and read.

I am brand new to photography and to this forum. I have been reading several tutorials along with my camera manual and even a " Dummies" book for my camera( Canon T3). I am interested in taking an on- line course to further my training, but there are so many available and I have no way to judge them.

Does anyone have experience with these courses, good or bad, that they could share with me? Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

I'm a big fan of Mark Wallace's workshops and also his Adorama TV tutorials.

Thanks to everyone for these suggestions. I will start looking into all of these possibilities.

Most reactions

Back