On Reflection

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On a walk out in the morning, I spotted this on a local pond- loved the reflection and thought it would make a nice Autumnal shot? These birds over-winter in the UK - presently there are 1,000's on the Somerset Levels where I live :)

I won't bore you with equipment used etc :) :) I'm guessing you all know by now lol

F3kIisp.jpg

Les :)

Last edited:
Lovely image, Lez, nice work. This picture is also a good example of how you can break the 'rule of thirds' and get away with it. Generally, it's said that you should allow for more space in front of the subject but when what is behind it looks better (and that's a nice bg) and it looks good (it works) I find it a good, acceptable choice to have more room behind the subject instead. This was said for the benefit of newbs that may be viewing this. I know the OP already knows this stuff, it's elementary at his level of photography, he does this for a living.

A beautiful capture! We have Teals here, but they are very flighty, and I have to approach where they gather over fairly open ground.

Lovely image, Lez, nice work. This picture is also a good example of how you can break the 'rule of thirds' and get away with it. Generally, it's said that you should allow for more space in front of the subject but when what is behind it looks better (and that's a nice bg) and it looks good (it works) I find it a good, acceptable choice to have more room behind the subject instead. This was said for the benefit of newbs that may be viewing this. I know the OP already knows this stuff, it's elementary at his level of photography, he does this for a living.
Thank you Kirk- Rule of third's is a good reference, I kinda like to break the rules occasionally and the BG just called out to me to break the 3rds rule just this once and of course nail his reflection too :)
A beautiful capture! We have Teals here, but they are very flighty, and I have to approach where they gather over fairly open ground.
Thank you Jeff, they are flighty here in the UK too fella- I shot this from a pop up hide - so maybe I wasn't seen?

Les :)

Nice shot. Really nice detail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back