On the Beaten Path

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Another from yesterdays shoot :)

For this image I wanted more of a dark fantasy setting.

So we took a stick with grass in it and then I edited in the smoke and ember for the pipe. Then I warped a duplicate image so that the road in the left corner has a curve to look like a hill that she is looking up.

I then used curves, hue/saturation and color balance with masks to get the colors I wanted in certain areas.

I also added some exposure levels to her skin.

What do you all think?

On the Beaten Path
9975800283_d7ea9b3cfd_b.jpg

Before and After
1376592_642411709123927_2026767305_n.jpg

Thanks Color, ;) I agree with you about that corner. I may have to touch it up.

I have another one I am going to post here soon so check back.

Great pic
but...the boots stand out as not fitting the mood of the pic. the way you've processed her skin doesn't match the clothes. Her skin and the pipe look CGI ish and the clothing doesn't. Just my $.02

The Uggs ain't working for me either.

I can't make out what your model is supposed to be holding. Is that a magic crack pipe, or what?

Also, there's a semi-circular thing behind and above the model's arm that looks like it's supposed to be part of the magic, but I think it's just a shrub-branch in the background or something. I'd clone it out to clean the important elements here up.

The vignette establishes a good feeling, but the obviously bright sky seen in small patches through the trees here and there throws the look off entirely. Do something about that..

Nice shot. I like the effects. I agree that the boots gotta go. There also seems to be a disconnect with the lighting. It appears there is a shaft of light diagnal from top right, but her face and back of her head are lit as if the lightshaft is coming from top left.

Most reactions

Back