on which dslr's can I use these lenses?

ozadars

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,
My dad loves photographing but he doesnt have lots of time anymore. He has some slr cameras and lenses. I want to buy a dslr camera and was wondering if I can use his lenses. I want to start with a cheaper dslr like Nikon D40, Canon 400D or maybe a dslr Pentax.
The lenses I currently have are:
- SMC Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm
- SMC Pentax-M Zoom 1:4 75~150mm
- HOYA Auto Teleconverter 2X
- Pentacon 1.8/50

Can I use these lenses on Nikon D40, Canon 400D or a dslr Pentax?

Thanks for your help.
Selim

As far as I know lenses only fit the makes camera body. ie Nikon with Nikon etc. I did a quick search for the 50mm and it came up saying it is a K mount Pentax, which means just about every Pentax should accept them. I use a 80-200mm (again K mount) from a Pentax K1000 on my K10D. Word of warning though from personal experience, I would only use lenses made by Pentax in this manner, as I had to make a trip to a local Pentax factory to remove another lense from that same K1000 from my K10D as the lense got jamed in the mount

So I can use them with Pentax k100d?

Would you recommend Pentax k100d or Nikon d40? I dont plan on buying extra lenses.

Yah they should be fine on the K100D. I dont know enough to recomend Nikon or Pantex, but consider the fact that you already have some lenses for a Pentax camera.

Your best bet may be to go to a local camera shop with your lenses and ask the same questions

Most reactions

New Topics

Back