Once upon a time there was this hoverfly...

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...who just walked around the table, across a piece of sponge that was being used by my daughter to wipe her chalk board. I got my camera, reversed my 18-55mm kit lens, and shot him. Just used on-board flash for these. What do you think?

4913867905_db82c0a7af_b.jpg

4913896539_75c925238a_b.jpg

That second one is kind of cool. I can see the texture of the sponge.

Something to keep in mind: many insects are drawn to the color yellow. Their eyes are more sensitive to its light. Hence all abundance of yellow flowers (and activity around them.) Dont ever wear a yellow shirt around a bee hive! :flower:

It'd be nice to get the whole super model in the frame.
Otherwise it looks good!

I like the second one. I can see some of the sponge detail. :thumbup:

Something to keep in mind: many bugs are drawn to the color yellow. Their eyes are more sensitive to its light. It helps the pollinators spot flowers. A large number of which are? Yep, yellow!

Something to keep in mind: many bugs are drawn to the color yellow. Their eyes are more sensitive to its light. It helps the pollinators spot flowers. A large number of which are? Yep, yellow!

You having a senior moment and answering the same thread twice? :lol:

Thanks for your input, though, really appreciated.

For making use of the (very sensitive to anything!) reversed lens technique these came out really well!

And indeed: that technique needs to be trained. I used to be doing ok some 4 years ago, but can't seem to pull it off any more today. I can no longer rely on my right eye, and your viewfinder eye gets strained fast with this technique and that razor thin DOF you have when you try this!

You having a senior moment and answering the same thread twice? :lol:

Thanks for your input, though, really appreciated.

Dur: Im a tard. I didnt see that the other one had posted. I must be getting old. My eyes and memory are going! :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back