One cold wedding

D40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, well, I shot with a photographer and his wife as an assistant at a farmal ball and they asked me if I would like to shoot at a wedding this Sat again as an assistant. This is crazy but it is a wedding in the evening 7pm-ish OUTSIDE = cold! So I was wandering what you guys do about gloves? I will have to have something other wize my hands will be numb the whole night and I was thinking about getting a pair of golf gloves that are tight fitting so I can still controll my camera. Any ideas?

Thin, skin tight gloves may be a good idea. Also, I've used those fingerless wool mitts/gloves for shooting or other things when it's cold.

It might also be a good idea to have some of those warming packs for your hand, feet and/or pockets.

Keep your head warm.

I have a feeling that if it's really that cold, the wedding party and guests won't want to be outside all night, so you probably won't have to be either. Be careful of condensation when you go inside.

Haven't done it in a while (moved to AZ ages ago), but used to use fingerless wool gloves ... worked fine.

Thanks for the ideas, ya it is going to be 22 tonight so close to that tomorrow. I found out that it will be under a big tent so that should help. The reception will be inside so maybe only outside 30 or so minutes. I thought about Golf gloves but I could not find a right handed one:(

Condensation? Do you think this will be a big issue? I have heard this but haven't heard what is good to do about it.

just make sure you dont rub your lens to get the fog off.. when you go inside, your lens will fog up, but give it a few minutes and it will climatize and the fog will be gone.. do not, I repeat, do not, rub the fog off your lens

just make sure you dont rub your lens to get the fog off.. when you go inside, your lens will fog up, but give it a few minutes and it will climatize and the fog will be gone.. do not, I repeat, do not, rub the fog off your lens

Thanks you very much!

Rebock Runners gloves. The are micro fleece on the back and cuffs with small velcro pockets for small warmers. The palms are thin like isotoners. I picked up a pair to shoot last saturdays football game in 28 degree weather. Hands were warm all day long and I had no problem working any of the controls at all.

Most reactions

Back