One Dog photo for C&C please.

bevin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I adore this photo of my dog but there's something about it that's not sitting right with me. Is it that her arse is missing? Is it her back leg? Am I just over-analyzing it? Any and all C&C welcome. Don't worry either, I won't get all emo, I know you'll just be criticizing my "skill" and not the gorgeous model ;-)

If it matters: ISO200, 70mm, f3.5, 1/800sec

Thank you in advance.

P.S. The white on the inside corners of her eyes is goop, not funny light! I wish I'd noticed at the time and wiped it off as I think it's a big distraction :/ I'm not confident enough in Photoshop to disguise it.

4385891705_35f1dfd4c4.jpg

What a beautiful dog and a beautiful shot! Is this sooc? Anyways this shot would of been A LOT better in portrait mode, or at least if you got his whole body in the frame in landscape mode. Also.. LOL, the "eye goop" is an extremely simple fix! It takes 5 seconds using the color dropper tool and a feathered brush to cover that up!

Its the crop.

This would have worked in a portrait orientation, or if you would have simply backed up (or zoomed out) a bit.

On the flip side, its nicely exposed, and has that nice, shallow DOF. Gorgeous dog!

First thing is to get down to her level so that you're shooting into her eyes rather down at them. Next get her positioned properly. For a dog like this, I would like to see her sitting, head cocked to one side and then shoot from her "inside" so as to get basically a 3/4 body profile with her looking at you.

think tirediron hit on it. i think if your were more down on the dogs level it would have turned out nicer. not that its bad. just from this angle to me it almost looks like the dogs body in the background is rising up

Thank you all for great comments. They're all spot on. I can see exactly where I've gone wrong. Now I just need to get her in the mood for more photos, and maybe clean her face first :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back