One family photo

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A father of triplets photographing another family with triplets :). They just assume I know what I am doing since I deal with triplets everyday :lol:.

Unfortunately I have to use a lot of photoshop. Cant seem to get everyone looking at the camera. I have to combine from several frames which what I was anticipating.

529005_430364936986279_1220240172_n.jpg

Nice. I've done that before. It's amazing how you can't really get all of their attention lol.

I hate manually photoshopping group shots! It sucks, I hear you. The pictures is awesome, but the WB is off. I tweaked it a bit:

529005_430364936986279_1220240172_n-2.jpg

I understand. I've had to decapitate a baby before. Of course I put the head back on but still....

I like the image but I wish the 2 boys would have smiled. Perfect exposure as usual.

Rotanimod said:
I hate manually photoshopping group shots! It sucks, I hear you. The pictures is awesome, but the WB is off. I tweaked it a bit:

Personally, I like the first (original) picture color better, more warm and has better atmosphere;)

529005_430364936986279_1220240172_n-2.jpg

To me, this appears to be a bit too blue and it's washed out.

maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. WB is a curious thing.

Great! Can't even tell you photoshopped it.

I like how you got some bokeh out of the light coming through the leaves.

I was that kid on the left growing up. I just wanted to go play with sticks and rocks, not sit still. lol.

Rotanimod said:

I dont like the tweeked white balance. Too much cyan. The original looks way better.

Nicely done, I pretty regularly swap heads, especially with large groups-it's so rare to get everybody with a great expression, and with consistent lighting and exposure, it's pretty easy to switch the around.

Got to give you props for the editing very nice :D. Good luck with your photography!

I don't get to come here much any more, but each time I do, I find you're doing nicer and nicer work.

The posing is very strong. I wish mom was a tad closer to dad, but not bad at all. The really knit pic is feet/toes being lost in the grass... something I'm totally fine with.

Good job on the clothing. The setting/background too is very nice.

Now, the challenge is to get proper lighting on the subjects. What you have here is absolutely acceptable (I've done quite a few that look like this), but it's not particularly good... with faces in shadow and no shaping.

As for white balance, the goal in portraiture is not achieving absolutely accurate, realistic color. People are warm, especially in the mind's eye. Getting the balance a bit warm in a portrait is desirable. I like your interpretation.

VERY NICE!

-Pete

Most reactions

Back