One for C&C

Ratman667

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ratmansreptiles.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo for a photo contest on the reptile forum I frequent. I would like some feedback on how good/bad it actually is.

The theme for the contest was, "vacation". The caption I used was, 'Butterbean inspecting his camera and baggage before vacation'.

DSC_5976-1-1.jpg

For those interested, Butterbean is a Kenyan Sand Boa and the camera is a Nikon N70 with a 50mm f/1.8.

There looks to be a bit of grain even though I used ISO-100.

I used a CPL to reduce glare and I also cloned out a reflection on the twine. It was a hasty cloning to say the least.

Very clever idea; I really like the concept, unfortunately, as-is, the camera appears to be the main subject. It wasn't 'til I'd looked at the image for several seconds that I even noticed Butterbean. I think it might work better if you had a toy camera; something more in scale rather that quite so overpowering.

Very clever idea; I really like the concept, unfortunately, as-is, the camera appears to be the main subject. It wasn't 'til I'd looked at the image for several seconds that I even noticed Butterbean. I think it might work better if you had a toy camera; something more in scale rather that quite so overpowering.

I wanted to use a toy camera, but I couldn't find one one short notice. I like to take my time and post at the last minute. This time, I forgot about the contest until about an hour ago. Hardly enough time to run out and get one...lol

The first idea was going to be Butterbean crawling into his bag, but it was a bit boring... So... I had to use the N70 as a last resort.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back