One for C&C

Sammie_Lou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd really appreciate some input on this image...

Enzo by SHerren88, on Flickr

My own C&C: it's darker than I like. I'm totally missing the detail in his eyes (they're a very warm medium brown, but look like pools of nothing here). His harness is distracting.

I'd say you've pretty much nailed it; a little fill-light to highlight the eyes and removing the harness would have helped a LOT. Don't forget to get down more on his eye level and have him look a little more toward you.

Great background for the dog...but liked tirediron said...some light on the dogs eyes would have really made for a great photo...I like the level you shot at however...

I'm wondering if I can clone the harness out without making it look obvious. Taking the harness off of him wasn't an option...he's a bit of a runner and the yard that the lake is on isn't fenced in. lol Is there anything I can do in PS to lighten up his eyes?? I'm really PS impaired. lol

Not much detail there.

5949103996249598f16ebll.jpg

Ok, that's what I was getting, too...I wasn't sure if there was some trick I didn't know about. Would the activate d-lighting option on my camera have done me any good with this?? Or just the fill flash??

D Lighting helps more to collapse extreme lighting into a usable range.
You need more light in his eye sockets so facing the source of light so it lights his eyes, overexposing or fill flash, Something to get more light in.
Shoot in raw so you can handle the light better.
Animals with fur and deep set eyes are a pretty difficult challenge

I do have this in raw, too...I don't really know much about PP yet, so I've been shooting in Raw+JPEG so that I can do stuff to the raw images when I figure out what I'm doing.

Most reactions

Back