One from my last session

But not too lazy to be smart asses?

Hey.. if you are going to post a marginal snapshot off a FACEBOOK capture from a phone... (something no Professional would do, since it presents it so poorly)... possibly you should stick to Facebook, they love that kind of stuff! ;)

But not too lazy to be smart asses?
Absolutely nothing "smart-ass" about it; a simple statement of fact. If you can't be bothered to provide us with a good image from which to work, what could possibly make you think that we're going to put in the 5-10 minutes of examination and thinking that a decent single-image critique can demand?

o hey tyler said:
How exactly is it that you upload from your iPhone? Do you screen cap a photo on facebook?

Yes I screen capped a photo on Facebook. I was too lazy to get up and get on my laptop....

Hit the little arrow in the box when you're on facebook viewing the photo. It will allow you to directly download the image and post it without the ridiculous black bars.

Edit: After scrolling down the page I saw that Aaron already posted a screen cap for you of how to do it. Thanks Aaron.

My knowledge is limited and I don't pretend to be a professional so take that into account.

#1 - as mentioned you over cooked the eyes, they look alien. I can't tell if they are in focus because you were too lazy to post the actual image and used a screen shot off facebook. So I can't even comment on that.
#2 - what is with the shadow directly behind her? Did you use a flash pointed directly at her, if so no wonder she has a scared look on her face.
#3 - She is way to close to the wall, it acutally looks like she is sitting right up against it.
#4 - you cropped her right at the elbow and took up a sliver of her head. It doesn't have a look of a crop that was done on purpose, it looks like you just didn't pay attention.
#5 - She's right in the center of the frame, which could work if the image was more powerful but it's not so it falls flat.
#6 - There is something brown in the bottom left corner, you should have cloned that out.

In short, if I was a paying customer and I got something like this from my photographer I would not only be disappointed I would be upset. It' comes off looking like nothing more than a snapshot, actually mugshot looking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back