One from my newborn shoot for CC....

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I had our second child on Monday morning, 5/3/2010. Alissa Renee, 7lbs 9oz.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainy Saturday today so I decided to gather some "props" from around the house and do a small photo shoot with the new pup. Here is one, not sure if I like the PP on it or not (just getting to learn CS5 and loving it).

4589514787_8138dcdc4b_b.jpg

Any and all CC is welcomed. I know she needs to be centered in the basket better, and her face is kind of covered. Also, her left rear leg was "left out" of the layer mask so it got B&W on accident (if this were a final shot I would fix)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one from the hospital... shown as shot.

4583074760_1568c74756_b.jpg

Luckily she looks like her momma.

p!nK (proud pappa)

Love the first one, the white fur (blanket) looks a little blown out around the head area. But aside for that, it looks wonderful!!! Congrats on the baby girl

One more from the shoot... didn't like this one at first- but it is kind of growing on me (another reason I never delete a photo)

4590646534_4f8df82505_b.jpg

Comments welcomed.

p!nK

The very first one I was like, where is the baby.............................................. oh there it is! haha

Crop out some of that space.

Just got my Bamboo Pen & Touch tablet so I was trying out some editing with it.... let me know what you think on this one.

4599658889_b2ee7e2a41_b.jpg

p!nK

Pink, I love your styling on shots. You're one of my favorite posters here.

Is there a reason for the large amount of black above the baby? Framing reasons or artistic preference?

Congrats! She is precious.

Her skin tone looks off in #1, maybe a little gray. And for a newborn shot, it looks a little stark. I think you need softer lighting, like in the other shots.

The photos with the pink blanket...hmm. Too much pink! There are pink color casts all over her body. Stick with whites and neutral tans, browns, and creams. It creates a softer look, too, which is how you'd like a newborn photo to look ideally.

Is there a reason for the large amount of black above the baby? Framing reasons or artistic preference?

I just thought it showed her as being smaller. When she filled the frame, the scale was off in my eyes.

Did someone say too much pink?!? Not in my house.

p!nK

I just thought it showed her as being smaller. When she filled the frame, the scale was off in my eyes.

p!nK

Yes, toooo much pink light reflecting into baby. It takes away from her naturally beautful skin. It looks neon now from the pink blanket.

p!nK

Yes, toooo much pink light reflecting into baby. It takes away from her naturally beautful skin. It looks neon now from the pink blanket.

Ok, tried out some PP and removing some of that "neon glow". Let me know if it was successful or not- if not, is there something that can be done?

4602250049_8808b864ae_b.jpg

p!nK

Most reactions

Back