One from the Museum

AlanO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to the Atlanta High Museum of Art on Sunday. It was a cool place to snap a few pictures and and the added bonus of checking out photographer Abelardo Morell's collection.

A couple of 5x7 print scans from the visit.... CC welcome.

OM2N
Ilford Delta 3200

87110002 by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

87110007 by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Too much noise/grain in the first one for me.

I think it works better in the second one, and I just like the shot the shot better. Nice symmetry with good lines.

Too much noise/grain in the first one for me.

I think it works better in the second one, and I just like the shot the shot better. Nice symmetry with good lines.

Yeah, it's definitely grainy and an aquired taste, probably should have posted it in the "flied lice" thread. :) Glad you liked the comp on 2.... Appreciate the comments.

Actually I checked the Flickr and I like best the shot by the window.

The second shot has great symmetry.

Photographs of sculptures may have own charm, but there is always the question of how to represent someone else art. #2 from the original post has symmetry, but because of the light distribution feels to me kind of flat. What I picked has a good feel of space, has a story, actually quite romantic one :D, nice composition and lots of detail to study.

The second shot has great symmetry.

Thank you...

Photographs of sculptures may have own charm, but there is always the question of how to represent someone else art. #2 from the original post has symmetry, but because of the light distribution feels to me kind of flat. What I picked has a good feel of space, has a story, actually quite romantic one :D, nice composition and lots of detail to study.

I know what you are saying, a picture of a picture is more about documenting another persons vision. That was my thought when I took the next picture, using the reflection of the lamb in the painting to create something a little different, The Meek.

The Meek by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes, this picture is interesting.
It is OK to use others creations, but the use should be clearly creating new values.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back